Need Password for open

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:20 pm

Hello i want to create somthing at my game example if player click on Spride he need to do one password example aldo so goto layot its posible this?
B
S

Post » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:33 pm

Yes.

You could try something like this:

give the sprite an instance variable password. On sprite clicked create a textbox. compare text from the textbox with sprite.password. if its the same change layout.
I told my dentist I had trouble with my teeth and asked her to fix it without looking in my mouth..
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:59 am

@LittleStain can you give more detail??? I think I can figure it out but I'm not sure about the text box part. I'm trying to do something like this myself.

Thanks
Check out my latest game RAPID-TAPIT. Get your Fingercise on with this one. A steady Tap is all you need to score points. Lift a finger and see what you can do...

ALLMarkMade Designs
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:16 am

I wouldn't use this to protect anything important; if its just a game feature that's fine, but you can find the variables and passwords your storing in c2runtime.js rather easily and depending on your export type that might be a problem.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:08 am

@Noncentz705

What I'm trying to do is when you finish a level you get an unlock code and then when you go back to the menu and you've already finished a level you can type in the code to jump to levels you've already played.

Thanks
Check out my latest game RAPID-TAPIT. Get your Fingercise on with this one. A steady Tap is all you need to score points. Lift a finger and see what you can do...

ALLMarkMade Designs
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:28 am

Well if cheating is the point, then that's perfect.
Here's a simple capx that might help you get started. It answer's the o.p's question more than anything, so you'll need to edit it to fit your needs.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/139218609/examples/login.capxNoncentz7052014-01-19 04:35:50
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:45 am

@Noncentz705    

It wouldn't be cheating it's just to keep the higher levels locked for new players but for players who have already done the levels and gotten the code for the next level can unlock all the levels they have completed without starting from level 1 to re-unlock.

I hope I'm making since but either way I thank you very much...

ALLMarkMade Designs
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:06 am

@ALLMarkMade

This way it's good if you want to use it just as a way to jump from one level to another and not a way to "block" something: if the password is stored in the game, players can just spread the voice each other... :)
I'm not a insane, my mother had me tested

I'm an engineer. To save time, just assume I'm never wrong
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:16 pm

@Jeff Skyrunner, @Noncentz705 - I took a look at the capx and could not figure out how to implement what I want to do.

What I want is like a coupon or credit code.

I have 5 levels, all the menu buttons are disabled but level 1. When you complete level 1 you're given a code to unlock level 2, when you complete level 2 you get the code to unlock level 3 (Which will also give you access to the lower levels you've already completed.

So a button and a text input. you enter the level code and and click the button and it enables the button for that level.

I have 5 levels so far and they get harder as they go...

Sorry to hijack this thread but I think @Aldo Tankuu and I are looking for the same thing.

Thank you in advance.

ALLMarkMade Designs
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:22 pm

Any chance you could send a capx as a starting point and I'll help adjust it?; It's hard to provide a working example in this case, without having some kind of game mockup already made.
B
S
G

Next

Return to How do I....?