Need some help on my game

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • So at the moment I'm making a traffic game (where there is a 4 way cross road and you have to control one of the sides with a set of traffic lights).

I'm stuck on 2 things:

First one is spawning. I need to spawn a car at random 1-3 seconds and also spawn different types of cars (as I have different coloured cars and I don't want them to be the same).

Second thing is stopping. once the first car is stopped, the car behind goes ontop. I know I could put collide but I want there to be a gap inbetween the two.

Help would be really appreciated and don't worry if you don't know both, just post me one!

Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • But you haven't describe what exactly problem do you have?

First one is spawning.

Spawning an object you can do by System -> Create object or by some sprite object -> spawn object.

I need to spawn a car at random 1-3 seconds...

You can use "Every x second" or any other loop with "wait" function, but there is a special way you have to build a delay between iterations. You can learn it here: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/723/using-wait-in-loops.

Regarding random function, the most precise is the following format: "floor(random(b-a+1)) + a" which returns an integer number from "a" to "b" (including them).

and also spawn different types of cars (as I have different coloured cars and I don't want them to be the same).

If the only thing which differs is the color then I encourage to use one sprite and put various cars as separate frames.

Second thing is stopping. once the first car is stopped, the car behind goes ontop. I know I could put collide but I want there to be a gap inbetween the two.

Well this really depends on how exactly your game works. You can for instance check the distance between car1 and car2 by X and Y position.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)