Needed Idea for challenge

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Control your space ship in a weird space-time environment and destroy as many enemies as you can!
  • I feel that I am fairly good with the whole c2 thing... I have one problem though. I have no idea of what I should do. I need a challenge such as a (game type) in (time limit) or something along those lines. If you have any Ideas please let me know. I would love to be able to make something else and refine what I already have but I have no ideas for future games.

• You can do a game jam, there will be the Bad Box Art challenge on gamejolt starting the 24 march. (ends the 27 march)

You can find a cause you want to make people aware of with a game. this game is about chicken food

Or you can do a space shooter in one week, with 3 levels and a final boss. Put a version available on the web, the scirra Arcade for example.

You won't earn money, nobody will play it but you will have a finished game.

Repeat the steps 100 times and Hideo Kojima will call you to ask advice for the Metal Gear space shooter for the Iphone 85.

• . I need a challenge such as a (game type) in (time limit) or something along those lines. If you have any Ideas please let me know. )

I know. Create a Giant Segmented Winged Dragon Coiled up Dog Turd version of Flappy Bird where the obstacles are a bunch of Match-3 Blocks and Zombies.

^

100% ORIGINAL

• You can do a game jam, there will be the Bad Box Art challenge on gamejolt starting the 24 march. (ends the 27 march)

Why is this image in their "Gallery of Trash." :

http://imgur.com/y7ZqdYY

This is a very nice box art. For shame.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • this is a troll right?

triple facepalm.

• this is a troll right?

The flappy idea was.

But I really, really like that game box art. Srs.

• > this is a troll right?

>

>

The flappy idea was.

But I really, really like that game box art. Srs.

You're not the troll here, I guess.

The game Fast Food isn't far away from the cover but still the cover is weird.

"When in doubt use Global Variables." I agree.

• MPPlantOfficial

Pandadoor

was talking about the OP the post seems a troll...its like that thing "i want to write the next big book all i need is a writer with imagination to write it for me, a publisher to publish it for me, and a financial guy to pay for it. and im good to go. any help? "

• MPPlantOfficial

Pandadoor

was talking about the OP the post seems a troll...its like that thing "i want to write the next big book all i need is a writer with imagination to write it for me, a publisher to publish it for me, and a financial guy to pay for it. and im good to go. any help? "

Depends on your definition of "Trolling" I guess.

In this case I think he's really just uninspired and looking for ideas from someone else.

I've done a bit of trolling myself about 7 or 8 years ago. Trolling used to be an art.

Deliberate misdirection; Leaving people in a heated argument among each other.

Ah those were the good old days...

These days anything can be considered 'trolling', from a person (none-deliberately) being ignorant to expression of an unpopular opinion to simply disagreeing with someone else to spreading hate. That last one has to be the lowest form of things people consider 'trolling.'

I just went off the rails.

Anyway, OP, to answer your question, try playing some free games online. The ones from Gamejolt/Itchio/Kongregate heck maybe try some of those abandoned games in the Arcade...

These usually contain great ideas that haven't been implemented for mass appeal yet.

• I've done a bit of trolling myself about 7 or 8 years ago. Trolling used to be an art.

Deliberate misdirection; Leaving people in a heated argument among each other.

Ah those were the good old days...

Agree

to OP

easiest way to find ideas, 1 what Mr Plant said, play different games.

easiest then that while you play games, set a goal in your mind, or on paper, similar to "category of game i want to make", "my target towards my dream game" "must have zombies, turrets, naked aliens, upgrades, lots of upgrades ,etc" you got the idea.

without a target set you wont get anywhere.

youl probably get ideas ... but they'll end up dumped cause you will want to try all of them. stick with 1 then when your finished with that move to next 1. and then youl be finding a way to get the best ideas out of each context in every days actions. like poor water from a glass can be a 5 minutes game. breathing air. avoid eating flying while you bike riding etc etc.

also i like to place my games in a targeted order:

Find 1 idea online or brainstorming and mold it to your needs, even improve one already existing game.

Sketch of game idea on paper or text editor.

Elements/graphic assets/sounds(creation or placeholders till u get something original)

GUI/HUD(user interface and game overall look)

Gameplay(here we fill in the game idea)

Optional Features(upgrades/purchases etc)

Optimization - make game run faster/gameplay be more natural/

Polishing - polish mistakes in coding,assets etc.

Release - YAY!

Next project!

OR scrap all i said and just go here 49 ideas for games.

• youl probably get ideas ... but they'll end up dumped cause you will want to try all of them. stick with 1 then when your finished with that move to next 1.

GOLD Advice right here.

I probably have 3 or 4 abandoned games just because I want to implement too many mechanics and don't know how to make them all work together.

• > youl probably get ideas ... but they'll end up dumped cause you will want to try all of them. stick with 1 then when your finished with that move to next 1.

>

GOLD Advice right here.

I probably have 3 or 4 abandoned games just because I want to implement too many mechanics and don't know how to make them all work together.

i have around 300 templates game ideas that got dumped.............. lol .... around 25 GB of files for them, just they are so messy and jammed up that its just a pain to look at them, not to mention retake the development.

• I start games base on a scene or special behavior or effect all the time and then just save it in my ideas folder for when I get inspired to make a full game.

I pull those up and look at them from time to time and sometimes after they sit a few months and stew they work really well for some other game idea I had not even considered.

Also good to go play other people's games for inspiration

A game Jam can inspire ideas and I like challenges like that or helping newbies in the forum with their projects will sometimes inspire a game for me.

Sometimes you just need to step away from game design for awhile and let your brain relax. Get out in nature, read some books, practice your other hobbies and then come back after awhile and you will have a fresh outlook.

Watching movies and reading good books will often inspire me to a game story.

• First an foremost my question was not a "troll". I have always been this way, I know a good bit of javascript and all of html and have no idea what to do with any of it. I am working on c++ because my robot is programmed in it and I need to be able to manipulate it. And thank you to all that have commented giving ways for me to make ideas that are somewhat good. I am going to do the gamejam and I am already thinking of a concept for a few of the pictures.

• I seem to have a fairly good idea but I have no clue how to make it work. I was thinking about something like "super crate box" but with more characters to make it harder. If you go and play it leave a reply and let me know how to make crates randomly spawn and how to make them change what you have as a gun....

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)