Needed Idea for challenge

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:39 pm

gamecorpstudio wrote:youl probably get ideas ... but they'll end up dumped cause you will want to try all of them. stick with 1 then when your finished with that move to next 1.

GOLD Advice right here.

I probably have 3 or 4 abandoned games just because I want to implement too many mechanics and don't know how to make them all work together.
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:02 pm

MPPlantOfficial wrote:
gamecorpstudio wrote:youl probably get ideas ... but they'll end up dumped cause you will want to try all of them. stick with 1 then when your finished with that move to next 1.

GOLD Advice right here.

I probably have 3 or 4 abandoned games just because I want to implement too many mechanics and don't know how to make them all work together.

i have around 300 templates game ideas that got dumped.............. lol .... around 25 GB of files for them, just they are so messy and jammed up that its just a pain to look at them, not to mention retake the development.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:46 pm

I start games base on a scene or special behavior or effect all the time and then just save it in my ideas folder for when I get inspired to make a full game.

I pull those up and look at them from time to time and sometimes after they sit a few months and stew they work really well for some other game idea I had not even considered.

Also good to go play other people's games for inspiration

A game Jam can inspire ideas and I like challenges like that or helping newbies in the forum with their projects will sometimes inspire a game for me.

Sometimes you just need to step away from game design for awhile and let your brain relax. Get out in nature, read some books, practice your other hobbies and then come back after awhile and you will have a fresh outlook.

Watching movies and reading good books will often inspire me to a game story.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:17 am

First an foremost my question was not a "troll". I have always been this way, I know a good bit of javascript and all of html and have no idea what to do with any of it. I am working on c++ because my robot is programmed in it and I need to be able to manipulate it. And thank you to all that have commented giving ways for me to make ideas that are somewhat good. I am going to do the gamejam and I am already thinking of a concept for a few of the pictures.
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:20 am

I seem to have a fairly good idea but I have no clue how to make it work. I was thinking about something like "super crate box" but with more characters to make it harder. If you go and play it leave a reply and let me know how to make crates randomly spawn and how to make them change what you have as a gun....
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:51 am

Nicholas H wrote:I seem to have a fairly good idea but I have no clue how to make it work. I was thinking about something like "super crate box" but with more characters to make it harder. If you go and play it leave a reply and let me know how to make crates randomly spawn and how to make them change what you have as a gun....

I'll be honest. Who's gonna play it? Probably me but I've been playing platformers since I was 3.

There just is no market for platformers these days.
You're better off creating a predictable jump scare game these days.
Make your money first then you can create all the platformers you want as passion projects.
I have ideas for new CRPGs myself. That's probably my favorite genre but no one plays those anymore.

Much as I don't like the mobile market, it's a gold mine. I'm just trying to explore simple mechanics I can use to create addicting, compulsive games (not good games but many mediocre ones that people are gonna wanna play.) trying to keep it original.
Image Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:52 pm

Nicholas H wrote:I seem to have a fairly good idea but I have no clue how to make it work. I was thinking about something like "super crate box" but with more characters to make it harder. If you go and play it leave a reply and let me know how to make crates randomly spawn and how to make them change what you have as a gun....

Give it a go! There is nothing like a game jam to put the pressure on to finish. I also recommend trying to cut it to a bare minimum of features, then polish those as much as you can.

Random boxes should not be hard to do, but try manually placed boxes first.
www.simbucket.com - HTML5 Science Simulations / https://www.airconsole.com/#!play=com.n ... obotrumble - Robot Rumble on AirConsole
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:27 am

Try working on online games. As a game developer, you should be aware of what the gamers want or there will be no point in making a game that no one plays. Gamers are really interested in games with a vast social interaction with other players whether its just dungeon raiding, farming, etc.. MMORPGS are great games. Perhaps an online side scroller such as Maplestory? Mobile devices lack good games like those and I'm sure many are interested to play those type of games.
B
S

Previous

Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas