Negative scale bug

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • Problem Description

A negative value in layer/layout scale won't render scene even though everything is scaled correctly.

Attach a Capx

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhHSZHEulqh_gWRrHPP_cbb-zkvY

Description of Capx

-1 layer scale.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• run debug and check objects to see they are negatively scaled, however don't render.

Observed Result

nothing rendered.

Expected Result

should render flipped/mirrored

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

vista sp2

Construct 2 Version ID

r227

• also.. It would be most useful to have separate scale values for Width and Height.

• Not bug.

To scale, you can not use negative numbers.

• If you want a whole layout to do that I'd suggest the Paster plug, or better yet an fx.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm not sure why you would want to do this, but it turns out the main problem was just the viewport was calculated as flipped (with the left edge on the right and vice versa). It should be fixed so you can use negative scales in the next build, if that is for some reason useful to you...

• Ashley, thanks. I just tried it in r232. Why can't users specify different values for x,y axis when scaling a layout or layer?

I'd like to be able to flip or mirror the layout/layers, and setting the scale to -1 just ends up with it rotated 180 basically since both axis get flipped instead of one.

• That's part of the definition of scale, width, and height tied together by a multiplier.

• newt, I want to scale a single axis, such as it's width or height values.

This is possible with sprites, by adjusting their width/height. If layouts/layers can be scaled- it would make sense to maintain some consistency and allow adjusting the x,y axis separately for those as well.

• I understand what you want to do.

Tried to do something similar in Construct classic, but apparently the aspect ratio must be maintained.

I would still suggest an fx for this.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)