New Android Export Experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:26 pm

I must say the developer feedback with the community so far has been outstanding. It's a fantastic change compared to the CocoonJS exporter.

Thanks guys!
@bearboxmedia
www.bearboxmedia.com

Nintendo Wii U Developer using Construct 2
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:30 am

@IntelRobert : My bad, Spriter animations are working with Crosswalk.

I also did some further FPS tests with my game.

CocoonJS:
Samsung Galaxy S III: 60 FPS
Nexus 7 (2012, the old one): 60 FPS
Memory: 80-100 MB RAM

Crosswalk:
Samsung Galaxy S III: 58 FPS
Nexus 7 (2012, the old one): 38 FPS
Memory: 140-150 MB RAM

I still get some delay with sound effects sometimes in Crosswalk, but all in all I am happy with the responsiveness of the new exporter.

IntelRobert, do you know if the memory usage will be optimized in the near future? Apart from that and some other minor issues, I see great potential in Crosswalk.

Also, please excuse my ignorance, but can anyone tell me, what the best exporter for IOS is at the moment? I can see that you can export to IOS with the Intel software too, but I think Crosswalk is Android exclusive?

I would prefer to publish all my apps for Android and IOS with Intel, rather than with CocoonJS.

Thank you.
Free Android game: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... VSMrMonkey

"Seven Birds VS Mr. Monkey" is a simple yet fun game.

Mr. Monkey is being attacked by birds and without a way to escape all hope seems lost. But if you think Mr. Monkey goes down that easily you are mistaken!

Help Mr. Monkey to upgrade his skills, get special attacks and show these birds who's the boss!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:44 am

@Allchix did you try preloading sounds? Maybe it will fix the delay?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:57 pm

I collected all the issues and put them here. The JIRA numbers are the way we track them internally. If I missed something let me know.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjXhriJJl3U2dGNvbDZrdU5mR0tIZ1N4WE9laUNWaWc&usp=sharing
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:16 pm

@IntelRobert Do you have an "official" bugtracker somewhere?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:53 pm

I tried Crosswalk but right now my game has 54FPS vs 60FPS with Cocoon (heavy physics game)

@Slice
@spy84

Kala xristougena paidia xairomai na vlepw ellines, an mazeftoume poloi na kanoume ena subforum/post :D
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:05 pm

XDK bugtracker is only accessible to intel people. People usually post issues in our forums (https://www.html5dev-software.intel.com/index.php) and then we create an issue. Crosswalk bugtracker is open to everyone: https://crosswalk-project.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Problems you see when running an App are most likely crosswalk and feel free to file something in their JIRA. None of us are big C2 users so you will have to provide some help to reproduce/isolate a problem.

[QUOTE=Eisenhans] @IntelRobert Do you have an "official" bugtracker somewhere?[/QUOTE]
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:14 pm

[quote]None of us are big C2 users so you will have to provide some help to reproduce/isolate a problem.[/quote]

We are, fortunately, and we will
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:56 pm

@IntelRobert

Has XDK updated to use the latest stable release. I checked it out and Crosswalk is up to 2.31 which as I understand is the next major release and uses Chrome 31 which from Ashley says is the big perfromance jump from 29. Including should removing most of the small problems that 29 is having.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:48 pm

[QUOTE=jayderyu] I have a question for those that have run compiled and run an APK.

Do you have Physics.
What was your FPS.

from the two video's shown the FPS were two ends of the spectrum. However I noticed that the slow game was likely using Physics and the fast game wasn't. Now of course this may not be a factor at all. However we know that Physics integration often is a hit or miss especially at the moment as C2 is movig to use an ASM.js version of Box2D.[/QUOTE]

@jayderyu: You got some information about physic behavior and Crosswalk?

I tested a game with physics in Crosswalk and the behavior has improved, but is still a bit slow. In Cocoon was much worse.

I really need to fix it. Does @IntelRobert could help us?RenatoB2013-12-29 21:52:04
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General