New Android Export Experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:55 am

[QUOTE=GameThirsty] @IntelRobert

Will there be support for notifications in the future?

Example of this, an app has completed something, then their displays a notification icon on the users toolbar?[/QUOTE]
yes, we're working on that. please see:
https:[x]//crosswalk-project.org/jira/browse/XWALK-94

Please remove "[x]" from the above link because I don't have the permission to post links.
B
S

Post » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:25 am

@yongsheng

That is some great stuff. I am hoping to see it in the near future.
B
S

Post » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:44 pm

@jayderyu We are using crosswalk 3.31 (crosswalk 3, chrome 31). They did a special build/test for our first release. In the future, we are going to sync to their schedule. You can try a crosswalk 4.32 with the test app: http://bit.ly/19St6rl and c2 preview on wifi feature.

@RenatoB Are you enabling asm.js physics in construct2? Ashley's blog says that will be better on Android. If someone can provide a benchmark we could look at performance. A capx file would be best.

A benchmark is easy to run and provides easily reproducible behavior. We used Ashley's spaceblaster demo for crosswalk tuning. He automated the behavior and added fps so it was easy to run & measure.
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:32 pm

[QUOTE=IntelRobert]@RenatoB Are you enabling asm.js physics in construct2? Ashley's blog says that will be better on Android.[/QUOTE]

@IntelRobert

Thanks for the reply. I had not tested with arm.js enabled. Before was Box2D web, but even enabling had no difference. My game has 32 instances of a cube with physics behavior. At first, when they fall (cubes), the frame rate is 1 fps. Then rises to 4 and end stabilizes at 15 fps.RenatoB2013-12-30 17:49:18
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:01 pm

I have problems with Crosswalk, but other things are good.

I use the plugin of flurry. When I exported for cocoonjs and run in my tablet, didn't work the statistics of flurry. Whe I use Cocoonjs for a iOS version, the plugin works perfectly.

When I used crosswalk for Android the plugin works too! but i can't change the icons and other things of Intel from my game. I need change the signature and I can't :C

Somebody know the solution?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:12 pm

[QUOTE=Ulpo media] I have problems with Crosswalk, but other things are good.

I use the plugin of flurry. When I exported for cocoonjs and run in my tablet, didn't work the statistics of flurry. Whe I use Cocoonjs for a iOS version, the plugin works perfectly.

When I used crosswalk for Android the plugin works too! but i can't change the icons and other things of Intel from my game. I need change the signature and I can't :C

Somebody know the solution?[/QUOTE]

As you might or might not have read earlier in this thread, the icon issue is being worked on.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:55 am

It would be nice to have the User Media object work, and being able to record tiny video clip inside C2 and Play it back.

But that may be too much to ask for.
B
S

Post » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:34 pm

@GameThirsty

Can you provide a capx file with a simple example? Dropbox or email to my intel.com address: Robert.S.Cohn

[QUOTE=GameThirsty] It would be nice to have the User Media object work, and being able to record tiny video clip inside C2 and Play it back.

But that may be too much to ask for. [/QUOTE]
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:19 pm

@IntelRobert

I will do that, let me scrounge up an example and I will get back you.

Edit: I have sent you a private messageGameThirsty2014-01-03 21:19:45
B
S

Post » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:17 pm

I just tried crosswalk with the r156 version of C2.

With cocoonjs i get 60fps all the time but with crosswalk i get 40fps aprox even with low number of objects. I dont use physics but i use some bullets sometimes, the game has between 10 and 130 objects. Anyway its very early, so i hope that the tool improves soon :)
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General