New Android Export Experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:31 pm

@Nathan

Unfortunately, web storage will be lost when switching between CJS and crosswalk. C2 relies on an HTML5 feature called localStorage, and they are implemented differently.

[QUOTE=Nathan] I noticed, at least in my own tests (page 9), that CJS performs better where there are larger amounts of alpha transparency but otherwise Crosswalk performs better. Has anyone else noticed anything similar?

@IntelRobert If a published app is signed with the same signature as a previous CJS build, will the user's webstorage be retained when updating from a CJS build to a Crosswalk build? [/QUOTE]
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:35 pm

@IntelRobert
The XDK Crosswalk player crashes for me every time I try to load a page :(

It's an Acer A500, using a non Acer ROM for JellyBean The CPU/GPU is an early Tegra 2 version. So the tablet is a bit dated. Compiled XDK's still work, just not the Player :(
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:36 pm

Great Stuff, really...
Here my issues:
1) all the game is correctly scaled but my background pic not. Is it a known problem or I have to upload an image?
2) I use a custom font but in the preview and when I try the game on a real device it is not used.
3) I have a level where a ball try to smash the hero. Under C2, browser and CocoonJs tha ball follow the right physic, under Crosswalk it goes slow and stop before to smash the hero.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:12 am

@parside: Can you provide a capx file that shows the problems? Post a dropbox link or email to my intel.com address Robert.S.Cohn

[QUOTE=parside] Great Stuff, really...
Here my issues:
1) all the game is correctly scaled but my background pic not. Is it a known problem or I have to upload an image?
2) I use a custom font but in the preview and when I try the game on a real device it is not used.
3) I have a level where a ball try to smash the hero. Under C2, browser and CocoonJs tha ball follow the right physic, under Crosswalk it goes slow and stop before to smash the hero.[/QUOTE]
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:40 am

Done...
Let me know something news when you can.
Thx in advance for your efforts to solve the issues.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:35 pm

Tested my game on the previewer app, Asus TF700, 10-15 fps. Pretty much the same as running on Chrome browser using Construct 2 preview over wi-fi.

Seems webGL effects in Construct 2 really slow things down a lot, there is a massive performance difference for using them.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:38 pm

@IntelRobert: Thanks for making it easier for us to export Android quicker and easier than what we had before.

Is there a way that I can get rid of the bar that shows up above my game??

[tube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnpE4tByVmk[/tube]
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:52 am

[QUOTE=IntelTyler]

Warning: I didn't work on the creation of Crosswalk, but this is my understanding of the technology.

Crosswalk adds 20-25MB when compiled on the local machine or in the cloud since to my understanding it is packaging up chromium, enabling WebRTC, WebGL and others goodies though code. We realize this is sub-optimal but this is the initial release and we're working on streamlining now.[/QUOTE]

Any news if this is still the same?

.... that is way too much overhead when iOS and Android Store has a 50MB limit on apps. That means our apps definitely need to be 25MB or less, which limits what you can realistic make. Big studios have fileservers and teams to streamline out-of-store downloading of assets so some games are hundreds of MB or even a GB..
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:13 am

@IntelRobert

CocoonJS supports ads via MoPub,
what about Crosswalk?
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:48 pm

@IntelRobert

About the UserMedia plugin, there is an html feature called MediaStreamTrack.getSources, it allows the user to select sources of input (multiple cameras) it is not yet integrated in construct 2 (though i sent a mail to the support team and it has been added to the to-do list).
I've made a costume plugin to support this feature, it works fine when using on chrome but not on the XDK, here is an html+js sample on how to use it, you can put it as is in a new XDK project and see how it works (on XDK choosing both user+environment cameras activates the user(front) camera).

https://simpl.info/getusermedia/sources/Lof2014-01-10 12:49:22
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General