New Android Export Experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:42 am

Hi, i am getting "The build failed. An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again." when i try to build... :(

Assets are about 8mb, and game is working in preview / debug mode on device.

What could cause this build error ?
B

Post » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:31 am

Hello, i've got this working at some sort of way.

Some problems i have encountered:
1. Low fps with physics. I also had low fps on google chrome for android, i would like some tips on making it less demanding.
2. Crashing when using the Browser - Close action. (sometimes losing saves. (System: Save)). It crashes after the app closes so its kinda weird.
3. Some Lag(1-2s) on from going to layout to layout. Had this on chrome aswell so i guess it is not that of a big deal.
4. Some audioproblems with mutebutton but could be something i messed up myself.

Things that i found great about this:
1. Supports many of Construct2s features well.
B

Post » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:09 am

[QUOTE=Rushino] Anyone tried using this export feature with OUYA ?[/QUOTE]

Just did. It won't recognize the gamepad at all. Not sure if there's a plug-in that fixes this (I JUST started messing with CS2 a couple weeks ago and JUST bought the full version Saturday).
B
G

Post » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:24 am

@hogosha: Gamepad support in crosswalk can be tracked here. Fix version is listed as v6, which is 12 weeks from now.
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:28 am

@IntelRobert According to the version log, IAP and advertising APIs won't be added until V8 Canary in July. Is there any other way of getting these working earlier? Is there any way of manually adding them?

Thanks as ever for your great help on this forum.Nathan2014-01-28 06:33:57
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:00 pm

@Nathan

That's the crosswalk plan. We are also investigating adding the cordova plugins into our build system so we can give you something earlier. But I don't have a firm date yet.

Leadbolt has some html5-only ads that don't require special support from crosswalk/phonegap. There is a tutorial here
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:49 pm

@kenzonico I have been told that special characters in the app/package name sometimes cause problems. We try to escape them but might have missed some cases. If you can't resolve the issue, please send me account and package name in private email.

[QUOTE=kenzonico] Hi, i am getting "The build failed. An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again." when i try to build... :(

Assets are about 8mb, and game is working in preview / debug mode on device.

What could cause this build error ?[/QUOTE]
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:52 pm

It seems that performance is working much better now than it was when this first released. Problem though, if I exit the app using the back button on my phone, the app closes but then it shows "Such and Such app has stopped working"
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:06 am

@IntelRobert Nice to see that things are going to the right direction with you guys. Good stuff.

I was wondering if the following scenario will be possible:
Wrap the game without crosswalk libraries , let the user download it and if this is the first time a IntelXDK game is installed on the device will download in the background Crosswalk libraries . When a 2nd game is downloaded and installed will use the existing Crosswalk files already installed on device.

Don't know much about "intents" on Android OS, but from my point of view if I download a mp3 from internet it does not have to come with a player attached to it.

Sorry for my ignorance
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:18 am

Is it me or the performance with Crosswalk has gotten better today? I think they updated some stuff. A game that was pretty laggy yesterday works just well today! That's great.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General