New Android Export Experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:26 pm

The Canary build was updated today in XDK. It is crosswalk 4 beta. It fixes the problem where exiting the game caused the app to crash. We are hoping to have a fix for the audio problems soon. After that is resolved, we can make crosswalk 4 beta the default build.
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:48 am

Lots of news, all of it good thanks IntelRobert. I think enabling monetization,ads etc. for C2+Crosswalk through plugins is going to be a real deal clincher for many, it's a little bit of a problem at the moment...
B
S

Post » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:42 am

Bertie Booster wrote:Lots of news, all of it good thanks IntelRobert. I think enabling monetization,ads etc. for C2+Crosswalk through plugins is going to be a real deal clincher for many, it's a little bit of a problem at the moment...

Yes indeed, XDK/Crosswalk is already so good with performance as well as memory management, that last leg with AdMob is going to make it clearly the only "close to perfect" option for Android. :D
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:41 am

I didn't get to use Crosswalk because of the limitations which the tutorial says, like Audio, orientation, status bar, no Ad issues. However it looks like Intel guys works really hard on these issues. I wanna test my app and help them.
Can you let me know what's solved and unsolved?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:46 am

All the issues are solved except: Ads & Audio (only on some devices, requires headphones for proper audio).

I know they are fixing Audio in the next Crosswalk update. And AdMob is a priority.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:55 pm

Time to export my projects to apk
thanks to all intel people and course the C2 team
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:58 pm

@shaircast @Silverforce
About audio, it's root caused and we'll fix it in Crosswalk soon.
About ads, we're working on it to provide admob capability to web and it's in a high priority.
B
S

Post » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:01 pm

And mopub? i prefer mopub because i can choose how offer me the best price per click.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:53 pm

I tried crosswalk builder today for the first time. I'v been using ConcoonJS for a while now since I found it better / easier than Phonegap.

My experience with Intel's crosswalk is not that great. My app compiles but its very buggy compared to what I am used to and unplayable. Frame rate is significantly lower than on a ConcoonJS export. Also the touch controls do not work as they are meant to so the game doesn't run properly any more. Shame, I was hoping it would work really well.

On a positive now, Clay.io seems to work well integrated into crosswalk which it doesnt work properly on ConcoonJS.

Hopefully in time this method will get better and become a viable alternative.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:28 pm

Same here, I tried Crosswalk for the first time. In my case, it was a little bit buggy but great. It works really smoothly and supports Clay.io perfectly :)

And @yongsheng , here's a problem list.
1. My app is not that a big project. However, the size of APK file is almost 18mb, while CocoonJS version is about 10MB(10MB, that's also big size though.)
2. No Ads support(you know)
3. Audio is more buggy than I expected. It's too much delayed from the exact timing, and totally ignores volume settings.
4. When I open URL like "http://play.google.com/blabla", it opens "in the app(not on the default browser of the device)" as desktop version and I can't go back to my game.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General