New Android Export Experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:30 pm

Is there any way to get the device uid through crosswalk with xdk?
using intel.xdk.device.uuid, returns an error.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:02 am

@Lof: intelxdk apis are not available in crosswalk yet. You can use cordova/phonegap API's

Try device.uuid
http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/3.3.0/cordova_device_device.md.html#Device

Lof wrote:Is there any way to get the device uid through crosswalk with xdk?
using intel.xdk.device.uuid, returns an error.
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:45 am

Yes, it works, thanks!!!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:48 pm

@yongsheng I know you guys are all working very hard, but is there a time frame for AdMob support in Crosswalk?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:59 am

Message: yongsheng can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
Silverforce wrote:@yongsheng I know you guys are all working very hard, but is there a time frame for AdMob support in Crosswalk?

@Silverforce you can see we've submitted patches to admob plugin in upstream: https://github.com/floatinghotpot/cordova-plugin-admob. We've verified it should be workable in Crosswalk. Intel XDK and crosswalk team need some time to integrate it and make it work well, I think.
@IntelRobert
B
S

Post » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:25 am

Great, and @Ashley Scirra would need to update a plugin for Construct 2, similar to CocoonJS with functions such as preload ads, display, hide etc. Getting there!!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:53 am

I know this is probably a question for the Intel XDK forums but I thought I would ask here just in case someone has a quick answer and because I'm too lazy to register for their message boards if I don't have to :).

When I tried to manually update my Intel XDK software (pushed the little update button inside the software), then relaunched it get an error and I can't use it anymore. I still get the error even after uninstalling and re-installing and it forces me to quit. Here's the error message:

xdk:server: Http server started on the standard port 58889
editor:server: Startup complete, serving on port: 16049
client:navbar: navbar options: {"updatePollingInterval":1800,"forceUpdate":false}
xdk:client: Unexpected exception while initializing "project-manager" (maybe crash): TypeError: Cannot call method 'getRootDirectory' of undefined
TypeError: Cannot call method 'getRootDirectory' of undefined
at checkProjectExists_ (file:///C:/Users/me/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/project-manager/project-manager.js:17:22604)
at lazyOpen (file:///C:/Users/me/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/project-manager/project-manager.js:17:1110)
at eval (file:///C:/Users/me/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/project-manager/project-manager.js:17:23049)
From previous event:
at loadProjectList (file:///C:/Users/me/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/project-manager/project-manager.js:17:23015)
at eval (file:///C:/Users/me/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/project-manager/project-manager.js:17:27514)
at _fulfilled (C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\public\external\js\q.js:880:54)
at resolvedValue.promiseDispatch.done (C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\public\external\js\q.js:910:30)
at makePromise.promise.promiseDispatch (C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\public\external\js\q.js:557:13)
at Object.eval [as _onImmediate] (C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\public\external\js\q.js:436:41)
at processImmediate [as _immediateCallback] (timers.js:330:15)
xdk:client: Unexpected exception while initializing "persistance" (maybe crash): TypeError: Cannot call method 'getRootDirectory' of undefined
TypeError: Cannot call method 'getRootDirectory' of undefined
at checkProjectExists_ (file:///C:/Users/me/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/project-manager/project-manager.js:17:22604)
at lazyOpen (file:///C:/Users/me/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/project-manager/project-manager.js:17:1110)
at eval (file:///C:/Users/me/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/project-manager/project-manager.js:17:23049)
From previous event:
at loadProjectList (file:///C:/Users/me/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/project-manager/project-manager.js:17:23015)
at eval (file:///C:/Users/me/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/project-manager/project-manager.js:17:27514)
at _fulfilled (C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\public\external\js\q.js:880:54)
at resolvedValue.promiseDispatch.done (C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\public\external\js\q.js:910:30)
at makePromise.promise.promiseDispatch (C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\public\external\js\q.js:557:13)
at Object.eval [as _onImmediate] (C:\Users\me\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\public\external\js\q.js:436:41)
at processImmediate [as _immediateCallback] (timers.js:330:15)
[Log closed from xdk:client]

Has anyone had an issue with this or know a solution?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:58 pm

@russpuppy : Try this to reset everything:

1) back up C:/Users/<username>/AppData/Local/XDK/global-settings.xdk (copy it some place);
2) clean-up C:/Users/<username>/AppData/Local/XDK directory completely (remove all its contents);
3) restore global-settings.xdk (copy it back to the empty XDK directory)
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:41 pm

@IntelRobert thanks for your help. That didn't work for me, but I manually when through and deleted everything I could find intel XDK related on my computer including saved project files and now it looks like it's working again after i reinstalled
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:27 pm

Build system has been updated to crosswalk 4.32.76.5 (labeled canary or beta). This fixes all the audio problems that I have seen. Volume controls work, volume is loud, both for webaudio and audio tag. Let us know if you continue to see audio problems.

You don't need to update XDK, just close and reopen the build tab.
Intel Corporation
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General