New Android Export Experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:49 pm

maybe you could try using Crosswalk alone?

https://crosswalk-project.org/#documentation/downloads/beta

https://crosswalk-project.org/#documentation/getting_started/building_an_application

but it's more complicated :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:04 pm

That will be nice.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:07 pm

When you use App Preview, you don't get Crosswalk performance enhancement, it's like just running in the webview of that device, thus the slower results. If you're having issues with your game not building, please send me your capx file so I can debug and see what may be the issue.

Send capx to [email protected] :D
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:09 pm

Thanks for the offer, @IntelTyler. and welcome to our community.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:15 pm

via crosswalk no link at all.via android method the link button appeared when the process finished and also ive got an email with the link too.but with this method the result was discouraging.2-5 fps where with cocoon ive got 20-32.And also no sound at all.
i hope with crosswalk method things get better.but with no link i cant tell for now. when i tested via intel's cloud the game has no sound too but it runs smoothly. Anyway thanks scirra for the try and lets hope that things will get better.spy842013-12-20 15:19:24
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:43 pm

sigh. I can't speack bscarl89. But I made a startting error with my earlier problems.

First I want to point out there is a difference between XDK and XDK NEW.
XDK ran on java XDK new runs on NodeWebkit. I'm not saying this is a fix for everyone. But if you previously had XDK make sure you get go out and download "XDK NEW"

I'm going to check things out with XDK new and see if there is a difference.

I agree with Syzmek. If Crosswalk is the target. Then I think C2 should support a full Crosswalk export and handle the complicated commands itself. However keep in mind that we will likely have to do the middle groudn work of installing the Android SDK and stuff. But this is a worth while option.jayderyu2013-12-20 15:45:50
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:55 pm

[quote]Send capx to [email protected] :D[/quote]

Brace your inbox, good Sir!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:56 pm

To build for Crosswalk, you don't need to download the Android SDK unless you want to go down the native path. We have a cloud based build system that will export the Crosswalk project in an APK for you. As there are a lot of issues on this forum we are looking into the build system to make sure it is working correctly.If you personally are having issues building in the cloud, just send me your CAPX file and I can help debug what the issues may be.

Thanks,
Tyler
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:18 pm

@IntelTyler
We super appreciate your joining our forums to help us through to using XDK New.

But I have my own question. I have a game I'm working on that will be going mobile down the road. The problem is; is that it's a Point and Click Adventure and currently the assets are a lone 50MB. Now I know we can shave that down by a portion. But the music alone is 20MB. So even if we pulled a ton the game is still only a demo. So it's likely the game will be well over 50mb.

This puts the 25mb cloud compiling system unrealistic for game development that's more than just a quick puzzler type.

Could you please do local build rather than cloud. Also having to cloud upload on every change is going to be annoying. And I'll explain why.

Construct 2 is not a system where we code write in the text files. These are quick updates. C2 is a system which is already in it' own spehere of development. So if we need to update we need to export from C2 which already takes a handful of minutes. Then we need to rebundle and upload to the cloud. Then we need to download. This isn't sounding all that convenient :(
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:02 pm

Guys, test again. IntelTyler just wrote me an email that they fixed something server-side and ta-daaa, the stuff I'm testing runs through.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General