New Android Export Experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:41 pm

@dankhan - it is strange, because sometimes that happens to me. Sometimes the code base is there to choose and sometimes it is not.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:48 pm

Manley23 wrote:@dankhan - it is strange, because sometimes that happens to me. Sometimes the code base is there to choose and sometimes it is not.

Thanks, I'll keep trying.
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:36 am

IntelRobert wrote:Build system has been updated to crosswalk 4.32.76.5 (labeled canary or beta). This fixes all the audio problems that I have seen. Volume controls work, volume is loud, both for webaudio and audio tag. Let us know if you continue to see audio problems.

You don't need to update XDK, just close and reopen the build tab.

@IntelRobert just some feedback from my experience. The audio works great now as media volume but for me the tags still don't appear to work.

*EDIT*
Sorry, tags do work for my sfx in the "Sounds" folder... but my background music in the Music folder won't mute.
ImageImage
Mr. Green - Platform/puzzle game out now!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:30 am

@Manley23

I had no problem uploading crosswalk apks to google store as is, no extra settings required.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:02 am

@IntelRobert

Great news about the audio fix, but I just went to try and recompile it and keep getting this message.

No changes in code on my end, same game version exported last time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:58 am

@dankhan
first time it dosent have canary. you should export once then close build and then choose crosswalk again and choose existing project and then you can choose canary.

new version support webgl? when it will be fixe?
in last update webgl didnt work in my phone! ther is always one problem!!!
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:09 pm

@Manley23 & @dankhan : There is a bug we are fixing.

Here is the workaround. Go to the build tab and select ARM, then 'go to next step' at the bottom. Then 'close build page' at the top left. Then open up the build again. At the bottom of the details page, you will see beta and stable choices. This only needs to be repeated if you create a new project.

Manley23 wrote:@dankhan - it is strange, because sometimes that happens to me. Sometimes the code base is there to choose and sometimes it is not.
Last edited by IntelRobert on Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:17 pm

@ALI3D69

Can you check if chrome for android supports webgl on your phone by running your game in the browser? Chrome has a blacklist for devices where they think there are driver bugs that can make the app or device crash. Previously, crosswalk ignored the blacklist and used webgl on devices that chrome would not. It works sometime, but also causes crashes. The .4 crosswalk enabled blacklisting and is probably why it won't use webgl anymore.

ALI3D69 wrote:
new version support webgl? when it will be fixe?
in last update webgl didnt work in my phone! ther is always one problem!!!
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:09 pm

@Juriel and @dankhan

Let me know if you continue to have problems. I built several examples with beta 4.32.76.5 and tried on nexus 4 & nexus s and everything is working for me.

@manley23 @lof is right, xdk signs and zipaligns the apk. You just need to submit to store.
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:25 pm

IntelRobert wrote:@Juriel and @dankhan

Let me know if you continue to have problems. I built several examples with beta 4.32.76.5 and tried on nexus 4 & nexus s and everything is working for me.

@manley23 @lof is right, xdk signs and zipaligns the apk. You just need to submit to store.

Thanks InteliRobert and ALI3D69. I've managed to get the beta option now but I still get the white screen when running the APK. I really cannot figure out what could be causing this.

Dan
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General