New Android Export Experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:35 am

giffjo wrote:@dankhan I tried changing the path and the source, they are the same except on my source it says \www at the end of it, but other than that they are the same. Do I remove the www? because when I try it errors out. I am also still getting the white screen. Any help would be appreciated.

You need to export your project as Android into the 'www' directory. The only time I got a white screen was when I exported to a folder other than the 'www' folder.
ImageImage
Mr. Green - Platform/puzzle game out now!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:23 pm

Thank you so much. I will try that when I get home.
B
S

Post » Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:00 am

Just finished test on LG-F240L. I can see many things are improved. Now sounds are played out of speakers, not earpiece :)

Music is now fixed. It works properly at least for my game. However, sound is not fixed(You know, there're 2 folders in C2 project, one is "Music" and the other is "Sound"). Sound still ignores volume setting in the event sheet, and just played so loudly. Also, it cannot be controlled by the volume button of the device.

Tilt : OK. Touch : OK. Performance : OK.
Wow. I'm really eager to see the advance of the Crosswalk... things like adMob, Google Play Services, etc.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:02 pm

shaircast wrote:Just finished test on LG-F240L. I can see many things are improved. Now sounds are played out of speakers, not earpiece :)

Music is now fixed. It works properly at least for my game. However, sound is not fixed(You know, there're 2 folders in C2 project, one is "Music" and the other is "Sound"). Sound still ignores volume setting in the event sheet, and just played so loudly. Also, it cannot be controlled by the volume button of the device.

Tilt : OK. Touch : OK. Performance : OK.
Wow. I'm really eager to see the advance of the Crosswalk... things like adMob, Google Play Services, etc.

Is that using the Canary build option? I just updated my own game, prior, it had the same sound issue, music is fine but sounds cannot be volume controlled. But I just rebuilt it using the latest beta Canary and everything works!!
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:08 pm

@Silverforce
Thanks. I just tested with Beta version. The volume control of the sounds are fine, but there's a little lag before its playing(not on exact timing), and the game easily crashes.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:07 pm

@IntelRobert or anybody,

When I press the back button on my Android phone when I am in my Crosswalk-built app, I don't get the standard "Exit -> Are you sure you want to exit? [YES or NO] window. Instead, the app just closes.

Is there to add this exit window? I know with CocoonJS, you got this exit window by default.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:03 pm

@Manley23
Just add conditions On Mobile Back Button Pressed > Show your exit box
On Touched ButtonYes > Close
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:07 pm

matthewhxq wrote:@Manley23
Just add conditions On Mobile Back Button Pressed > Show your exit box
On Touched ButtonYes > Close

Okay, yep, I see the XDK->On back button pressed, but I didn't see what to do after that. So, do you mean I have to create my own exit box window and close buttons? Or am I missing something obvious?
B
S
G

Post » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:31 pm

Yes, I mean you have to do it your own exit box and use Browser plugin instead of XDK
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:44 pm

@IntelRobert @Ashley

Hi, I've encountered a bug and i am not sure if it is construct related or crosswalk related.

If i use more than 8 collision mask points on a sprite with physics and i export with asm.js i get a black screen on crosswalk,
running in preview on chrome works fine, switching to box2D with more than 8 points also works fine.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General