New Android Export Experiences

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:44 pm

@Lof - please report all bugs to the bugs forum following all the guidelines or they cannot be investigated.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:21 am

Message: yongsheng can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 2 URLS modified. Why?
stefanos wrote:@IntelRobert
Is there any place where we can watch upcoming updates/patches or additions that the Crosswalk team is doing now and in the future ?

@stefanos: we're using the JIRA system for Crosswalk. Every bugs and features are tracked here in public.
You can customize your search filters to find all issues about Crosswalk on Android. I've created one for Crosswalk on Android. See:
https://crosswalk-project.org/jira/brow ... lter=10006

Oh, I can't paste the link. you can open https://crosswalk-project.org/jira and then click 'issues' -> 'Manage filters'->'popular'. then you'll find a filter called 'XWalk-Android'. That's used for tracking bugs and features for Crosswalk on Android.
Last edited by yongsheng on Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S

Post » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:25 am

Manley23 wrote:@IntelRobert or anybody,

When I press the back button on my Android phone when I am in my Crosswalk-built app, I don't get the standard "Exit -> Are you sure you want to exit? [YES or NO] window. Instead, the app just closes.

Is there to add this exit window? I know with CocoonJS, you got this exit window by default.

good suggestion. I'm willing to add a default behavior. but I'm not sure all users are happy with that.
@IntelRobert
B
S

Post » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:58 am

shaircast wrote:@Silverforce
Thanks. I just tested with Beta version. The volume control of the sounds are fine, but there's a little lag before its playing(not on exact timing), and the game easily crashes.

@shaircast: could I get the crash log via 'adb logcat' and which crosswalk version are you using? This can help us root cause them.
B
S

Post » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:05 am

Ashley wrote:@Lof - please report all bugs to the bugs forum following all the guidelines or they cannot be investigated.

ok i will, i didn't before because i was not sure if it's a bug with construct or crosswalk.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:46 am

yongsheng wrote:

When I press the back button on my Android phone when I am in my Crosswalk-built app, I don't get the standard "Exit -> Are you sure you want to exit? [YES or NO] window. Instead, the app just closes.

Is there to add this exit window? I know with CocoonJS, you got this exit window by default.

good suggestion. I'm willing to add a default behavior. but I'm not sure all users are happy with that.
@IntelRobert

I would be happy with that!!

Having it ask on exit via back button is such a common feature in games that it seems so weird to have it missing... auto quit on touching back could lead to lots of frustrating mistakes for users while they are playing!

Pause game, confirm exit, click yes to exit. No to resume would be the best.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:30 am

yongsheng wrote:

@IntelRobert

@yongsheng, @IntelRobert,

If you did implement this, we'd appreciate a simple way to turn the default option on and off.

We generally create our own exit window & buttons, as we think it looks much better, and more polished than the systems generic exit window.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:45 am

Blacksmith wrote:@yongsheng, @IntelRobert,

If you did implement this, we'd appreciate a simple way to turn the default option on and off.

We generally create our own exit window & buttons, as we think it looks much better, and more polished than the systems generic exit window.

+1
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:54 pm

yongsheng wrote:
shaircast wrote:@Silverforce
Thanks. I just tested with Beta version. The volume control of the sounds are fine, but there's a little lag before its playing(not on exact timing), and the game easily crashes.

@shaircast: could I get the crash log via 'adb logcat' and which crosswalk version are you using? This can help us root cause them.

I'm trying to. Just downloaded " Error Log Dump" but nothing shows up when the game crashes. Can you let me know how to use it?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:58 pm

Message: yongsheng can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
Blacksmith wrote:
yongsheng wrote:

@IntelRobert

@yongsheng, @IntelRobert,

if there is no history of current web app, then the system behavior is to exit current activity when pressing back-key. 2 options here:
1. Pop up a dialog to users decide whether to exit it.
2. Create a toast to say next 'back key will cause activity of current app exist'.
By the way, users can also use JavaScript API to exit web apps
Track it here: https://crosswalk-project.org/jira/browse/XWALK-1131
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General