New appMobi Build System Released

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Hey All,

We just released our new cloud based build system; appHub

This new build system now supports building for iOS, Android, Amazon ( & kindle fire), Nook, Facebook, Chrome Store, Mozilla app store and Intel appUp.

We've made an demo game , "Boom Town" , that has been built and submitted to all these stores using appHub. You can look at the demo and play the game here: appmobi.com/boomtown

Heres a quick demo video that shows how appHub works: youtube.com/watch

Cheers!

• Just a heads up - directCanvas most likely won't be working until r99 comes out, when we've added some fixes. After that, there needs to be an applab update before Test Local or Test Anywhere will work, which I believe appMobi are working on. However, building an actual iOS app and testing the IPA should be working from r99.

The new build system is looking good though, definitely worth checking out!

• All sounds like kickass news. particularly as phonegap built apps are so laggy on iOS. Looking forward to checking this out with R99

• Wow, this is awesome ;]

• I was wondering why direct canvas was not working anymore. Thought it was me!

• Wow, this is awesome ;]

what he/sheepy said...

• This is great news! Iv been waiting for this.

• Awesome! Just a heads up Ashley and AppMobi - requesting project files doesn't seem to work when exported to AppMobi.

• Will the directcanvas works on Android devices?

• One question for appmobi people :)

Do you plan to provide an option (for iOS apps) to compile it with our own macs using Xcode, as phonegap does? If I want to upload a project to a cloud system it would be a pain! I have some projects that are 250/300mb+ in size (lot of music and retina GFX) and with my sh*tty 500kbps DSL connection, it is really bad.

Thanks!!

• Have I missed anything, or is it still not possible to build a official *.apk file with appMobi?

I can't find any input for signing with your release key.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • One question for appmobi people :)

Do you plan to provide an option (for iOS apps) to compile it with our own macs using Xcode, as phonegap does? If I want to upload a project to a cloud system it would be a pain! I have some projects that are 250/300mb+ in size (lot of music and retina GFX) and with my sh*tty 500kbps DSL connection, it is really bad.

Thanks!!

Appmobi released source code for this on github.

It's here

• Yes, I saw that source code, but after many tries, It doesn't work, or at least, it's not complete/documented/ready to build.

• Have I missed anything, or is it still not possible to build a official *.apk file with appMobi?

You can already build and publish iOS apps (.ipa) using directCanvas. Android support is coming soon.

• I hope they have removed all the unnecessary permissions from the apps. I don't think anybody want's to install any game that requires full admin rights to your phone.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)