New arcade beta

If you have found a bug, or have a suggestion/comment then leave it here

Post » Sun May 03, 2015 9:06 am

Thanks for the update Tom. I uploaded three games this morning.
I attempted to change the picture on one of the uploads but it hasn't been reflected on the site yet. Not sure whether it's a web issue or if it's just taking a while to take effect.

Edit: It's fine now
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 06, 2015 2:17 pm

Is there any ETA on Leaderboards? that would be awesome!
B
S

Post » Wed May 13, 2015 2:33 am

Message: Volnus is not yet permitted to post plain text URLS (300 rep required). 1 URLS removed. Why?
The feed for the Scirra arcade is no longer available to users of the MyArcadePlugin. When they go to fetch games they are met with an error because it was removed. Can you add the feed, back so we are able to distribute the games around the internet?
B

Post » Mon May 18, 2015 1:06 pm

@Volnus I'm afraid the feed isn't available right now. We are planning on reimplementing it soon in JSON.
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 20, 2015 1:19 am

@Tom Are we allowed to have embedded ads within your games that are uploaded to the Scirra arcade?
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 20, 2015 9:32 am

No third party adverts are permitted. You can have ads for your own website, but that's all. When you upload a game you must confirm this with a checkbox before publishing.
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 20, 2015 5:25 pm

Hello @Tom
I have some games on Play Store and I would love to upload them to the Scirra Arcade, just a quick question:
1. Are you planing in adding an option to disable the full screen option?

Right now there is 3 options: "Back to default size", "Go wide screen!" and "Go full screen!" which is pretty cool but a few games are designed exclusively for "Portrait" mode. Using "Go full screen!" on them make them unplayable.

Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 20, 2015 10:09 pm

@Tom Thanks for the reply, I've noticed the browser open new tab event doesn't seem to be working on the arcade, but I links from iframes are working. Is that specifically blocked? It's the best way to link back to my site.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 21, 2015 7:26 pm

hey got this error, to the arcade when i was trying to share a game screenshot today, and my tweet account wasn't linked to the arcade application, so it asked me for the permission to tweet through the platform, once i did that it should redirect me back to the screenshot tweet page where you insert the tweet message and then post it but instead of that i got this error Click To View

but after i closed the error page and tried again it worked, so this is a error for the non-authorized tweet accounts, that are 1st giving rights for the arcade to use the tweeter post and then callback to the preview's page, not sure if makes sense... im kinda a bad at explaining ... hope you can understand
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 27, 2015 1:31 pm

Hi @Tom
I play mostly on a Nexus 7 tablet or an iPad,

The problems I am experiencing are

1. The game is constantly pausing itself to 'refocus', I mean over and over. I set that to No in the Project properties but it is obviously being overridden.

2. I use drag and drop a lot and sometime the screen moves all over the place when touched,
this problem is especially bad on the slide bar when the player doesn't touch the tiny slidebar 'thingy',
the entire screen moves with the finger.
( and when I press full screen and nothing happens)

3. A few days ago, I had a problem uploading a game with SprintFonts (even when using https:) it loaded but only a white or black screen appeared. Ended up changing the entire game to regular sprites and it works.

< EDIT > this next part solved - kind of
4. Not only the Arcade but iPad and iPhones have a serious problem with sounds on browser games. I can preload sounds on an Android but when I try to load the exact same game on an iPad it either never loads or maybe after an eternity it finally plays. Is this a C2 issue or an iOS issue? I remember a while back loading a game I made with GameMaker ( and lots of sound files) into HTML5 and I don't recall an issue.
Last edited by producermark11 on Fri May 29, 2015 2:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Website Issues and Feedback