New ass effect that youll friggin love

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • OK Ill stop being a douche and show everyone what my explosion generator is, and yes its good for alot more than that, here open the caps and youll see, and youll believe.

but im just saying this, remember me when you use this effect.

and tell ppl im behind its greatness

and yes that orange guy was drawn by me and is going to be used in a game with this gameplay element as its MAIN purpose

• Holy crap!

• thanks for sharing

• Aw, I thought I was special, but now you're showing everyone

It's still a really sweet effect though.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That blob effect is amazing, I can't wait to see the game you're using it for.

• Why is blob doing that? There are no effects!

• Hmm, yeah I got fairly close on the last thing I tried, but not quite.

Appreciate you deciding to share it. I'm sure people will respect not over using it

Why is blob doing that? There are no effects!

It's colourize applied to the upper layer, with the alpha sprites.

• Aw, I thought I was special, but now you're showing everyone

It's still a really sweet effect though.

yah you were, but then i decided, aww what the hell, im gonna show everyone, all the people i showed it 2 thought it was awesome so i felt like an ass for not sharing

• Thanks for sharing these effects, this way everybody learns I noticed the arms on the creature in your slime cap are a bit weird in that they kinda flicker about and fast movements cause the arm to do funny things for about 1 or 2 frames before fixing themselves up. I believe this was due to the order of actions (like you position object b in relation to a, and then position a to a different spot). Anyway I reordered the actions to fix that....however just disregard this cap if you were happy with how the arms moved before.

• Also I noticed the explosion one isn't time independant, if I run it at unlimited fps it appears and disappears really fast...but between 60 and 80fps the difference isn't noticable...the only reason you might want to consider timedelta in that is if you wanted add slow motion to your game.

However, some ways you can speed up the explosion:

1 - Remove the tint plus effect from Sprite22 and use a yellow filter instead

2 - Remove tint plus effect from layer 'exp' because it has no effect

Just my 2 cents anyway

• I'd suggest adding some more events to randomize the size of the "drop" as well, since it looks odd at some points with the same size blob every time (not from the gun but rather from bouncing off things).

This same effect can be done in MMF2 too (minus the snappy physics hehe).

• I'd suggest adding some more events to randomize the size of the "drop" as well, since it looks odd at some points with the same size blob every time (not from the gun but rather from bouncing off things).

This same effect can be done in MMF2 too (minus the snappy physics hehe).

actually i was trying to make that, just didnt finish yet.

• Thanks for sharing these effects, this way everybody learns I noticed the arms on the creature in your slime cap are a bit weird in that they kinda flicker about and fast movements cause the arm to do funny things for about 1 or 2 frames before fixing themselves up. I believe this was due to the order of actions (like you position object b in relation to a, and then position a to a different spot). Anyway I reordered the actions to fix that....however just disregard this cap if you were happy with how the arms moved before.

yea, the code was messy, i had just got it 2 work by playing around with a few things, but as you said the order was a bit messed up. i think some other ppl should look and see how this arm works, cause i know ive seen way 2 many bent arms sprites swinging 360 around a body, it looks weird. its actually not that hard to make a kinematic system work backwards, you just need to think of doing it in the excact opposite way you normally would i you were working foward.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)