new beta, when?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:55 pm

Hi,
i check this site site hundred times a day to see if the new beta is finally there, so i just want to ask if you can say ca how long it will be till it gets out? :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:44 pm

Not sure, but it might take a while. The new version is supposed to bring a new big feature (rumors until now).
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:49 pm

We have no ETA, but it's taking longer than usual due to the sheer scope and complexity of the new multiplayer feature. Hopefully the next beta will be out within 1-2 weeks.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:47 am

@ashley is it too much asking a dynamic light/shadows system?ofcourse after multiplayer.or is it to much?i think that it will be a huge boost for c2
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:52 am

I just want to ask, if i use the new beta multiplayer system to creat a multiplay game then export to cocoonjs , is it run fine on mobile ??
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:20 am

Ashley wrote:We have no ETA, but it's taking longer than usual due to the sheer scope and complexity of the new multiplayer feature. Hopefully the next beta will be out within 1-2 weeks.

thanks for the headsup! i cant await multiplayer :D
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:37 am

farsmile90 wrote:I just want to ask, if i use the new beta multiplayer system to creat a multiplay game then export to cocoonjs , is it run fine on mobile ??

I needs a browser to work. Chrome or Firefox. So will be for html5. This is my understanding and my understanding is very limited. WebRTC DataChannels is new, and I don't know much about it. It is peer-to-peer using browser networking technology.

So I doubt it. Maybe if you go through a central server, but I don't know if that is possible. Most certainly won't be for awhile.

MY understanding of this is limited, and in no way written in stone.
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:44 am

And the mobile problem is the low bandwith, it will be very difficult to have good network performance on mobile.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:12 pm

@farsmile90
As DUOIT points out C2 MP plugin uses WebRTC. Providing that the platform your game runs on has WebRTC support then the MP will work. This can be researched by googling pretty easily.

For example google "CocoonJS WebRTC" and find no results where CJS has WebRTC. Meaning no CJS has no WebRTC support which means CJS can't be used with the plugin. However with enough searching you can find that Crosswalk does indeed support WebRTC and so Android through XWalk will work..... following that line there are no WebRTC IOS platforms.

@Joskin
Bandwidth is not related to a piece of mobile hardware. It is in fact releated to the ISP. If you think about it mobile often carries live voice streams and video. With that knowledge considering live voice will use more bandwidth than any game it's unlikely that mobile bandwidth is a problem.

Instead I would consider the problem related to mobile being the HOST. This is because a poorly written game doing MP hosting will only exlempify the current round of mobile performance complaints.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:47 pm

@jayderyu Ludei said they don't support WebRTC so the new C2's multiplay system won't work with cocoonjs, and ludei don't say when they'll support Webrtc, so it's a big disappointment. And about crosswalk, i heard Ads won't work via crosswalk ( no earning ). So the game using Multiplay system only play good on PC.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct 2 General