new beta, when?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Hi,

i check this site site hundred times a day to see if the new beta is finally there, so i just want to ask if you can say ca how long it will be till it gets out?

• Not sure, but it might take a while. The new version is supposed to bring a new big feature (rumors until now).

• We have no ETA, but it's taking longer than usual due to the sheer scope and complexity of the new multiplayer feature. Hopefully the next beta will be out within 1-2 weeks.

• Ashley is it too much asking a dynamic light/shadows system?ofcourse after multiplayer.or is it to much?i think that it will be a huge boost for c2

• I just want to ask, if i use the new beta multiplayer system to creat a multiplay game then export to cocoonjs , is it run fine on mobile ??

• We have no ETA, but it's taking longer than usual due to the sheer scope and complexity of the new multiplayer feature. Hopefully the next beta will be out within 1-2 weeks.

thanks for the headsup! i cant await multiplayer

• I just want to ask, if i use the new beta multiplayer system to creat a multiplay game then export to cocoonjs , is it run fine on mobile ??

I needs a browser to work. Chrome or Firefox. So will be for html5. This is my understanding and my understanding is very limited. WebRTC DataChannels is new, and I don't know much about it. It is peer-to-peer using browser networking technology.

So I doubt it. Maybe if you go through a central server, but I don't know if that is possible. Most certainly won't be for awhile.

MY understanding of this is limited, and in no way written in stone.

• And the mobile problem is the low bandwith, it will be very difficult to have good network performance on mobile.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • farsmile90

As DUOIT points out C2 MP plugin uses WebRTC. Providing that the platform your game runs on has WebRTC support then the MP will work. This can be researched by googling pretty easily.

For example google "CocoonJS WebRTC" and find no results where CJS has WebRTC. Meaning no CJS has no WebRTC support which means CJS can't be used with the plugin. However with enough searching you can find that Crosswalk does indeed support WebRTC and so Android through XWalk will work..... following that line there are no WebRTC IOS platforms.

Joskin

Bandwidth is not related to a piece of mobile hardware. It is in fact releated to the ISP. If you think about it mobile often carries live voice streams and video. With that knowledge considering live voice will use more bandwidth than any game it's unlikely that mobile bandwidth is a problem.

Instead I would consider the problem related to mobile being the HOST. This is because a poorly written game doing MP hosting will only exlempify the current round of mobile performance complaints.

• jayderyu Ludei said they don't support WebRTC so the new C2's multiplay system won't work with cocoonjs, and ludei don't say when they'll support Webrtc, so it's a big disappointment. And about crosswalk, i heard Ads won't work via crosswalk ( no earning ). So the game using Multiplay system only play good on PC.

• jayderyu Ludei said they don't support WebRTC so the new C2's multiplay system won't work with cocoonjs, and ludei don't say when they'll support Webrtc, so it's a big disappointment. And about crosswalk, i heard Ads won't work via crosswalk ( no earning ). So the game using Multiplay system only play good on PC.

Intel did state they will be adding ads support in the future.

You could also use the iFrame plugin to use ads in Crosswalk right now.

• Joskin the mobile net won't be good for real time play.. It might be stabile enough to some turn based strategy (or a card game lilke Heartstone).

What harms gaming most is the Latency and Data loss. And mobile networks are really bad on both. With a landline the latency can be around 20-60ms (and with 100% data), mobiles generally may have 10* longer delays and a lots of spurious packet losses.

I'd recommend loading Ookla Speedtest.. The same program is available both PC.s and mobiles (at least Android) so it's easy to compare the difference. And please remember that on some parts of the world mobile connections are downright awfull.

• I don't think modern mobile networks are as bad as you think. Admittedly I've only done one or two tests, but connecting over HSPA cell data in the UK only added 20ms to my ping time to a US server (70ms from cell data, 50ms from wifi), and was otherwise responsive and smooth. The main problem with testing this is none of the tests we've made support touch input properly yet. Maybe I should make one specifically for testing in Chrome for Android...

Anyways the multiplayer engine can cope well with high packet loss due to the buffering techniques it uses, and usually only complete packet loss (e.g. temporary reception drop, such as going through a tunnel on the train) will trip up the game. The biggest problem from the tests that I've seen is that a high PDV makes the synchronisation unstable, but I haven't done enough testing or research to know if PDV is worse over cell data. It might not be.

• Well three points of reply.

I'm pretty sure I was saying that CJS doesn't support WebRTC.

As for CrossWalk ads. That's sounds unlikely. Crosswalk is full webbrowser of Chrome. Saying that Crosswalk can't have ads is akin to saying Chrome can't run ads either. Could this in fact be chalked up to some other problem in the middle ground that is waiting to be cleared up? And there are other ways to earn money than ads.

I don't see how ads and CJS not having WebRTC effect that mobile devices are poor at online connectivity. In fact there is Order & Chaos which is a MMO that run on mobile devices.

Joannak

I guess this mobile game doesn't have online multiplayer gameplay.

Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • Of course.. I should have point the *obvious*, that the speed and quality are totally dependent of your location and service provider. If you have good, stable and fast connection without any throttling and limits. That's nice, but not all have.

Ashley Here the 3G pings are typically 30-40ms longer than landline and the delay depends on network load.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)