New CocoonJS Launcher App Released

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:48 am

I've run many tests with audio/music in CocoonJS and additionally in Appmobi. I have a children's book with BGmusic + 2 stories with 38pages each page with narration (10-25sec).

Music
-----
With R100 I have the BGmusic working great, but unfortunately the looping is not a feature, so the hack/solution for this is to make a timer: manually start the BGMusic in every X minutes, where X = lenght of zhe BGMusic. It works!

Narrations
----------
For the narrations I used to play them as Sounds, but I have very late or no narration start for first time I go to a page. When I second time go to a page it started, but not played trought the end, but for about 10 seconds.
The solution were to use the preload action in C2, if I preload on start of layout the narrations, they start to play immediately on a page, and they play trought the end. Hurray! :)

The test was done with preload the first 4 narrations, but I have 2x38pcs of them, so did a for loop for preload all of them. Well, the app starts, the custom loading screen loads the content, and when the preload starts CocoonJS Launcher seems to get busy... but I can capture the last action in it. It seems to PRELOAD the 28nd narration, than it freezes.

I think the next step shuold be to make a smart preloading logic for myself: preload the next 2-5 narrations, and keep preloaded the last 1-3 of them, and in every page unload all of the others to keep the memory usage low. I think that this 4-9 preloaded sounds shouldnt make memory problems, but keeps the sound playing stable.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:59 am

I loose the developement line. Remember that my audio preload tests were successful, but now with R101 I can not reproduce the working mode... :(

@ludei I would like to ask if you have any solution/alternavice for the C2's built in Browser opening action. I would like to use AboutUs/Rating/CrossMarketing linking, but have no idea, what should be the CocoonJS compatible way.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:32 pm

Any news anno dec 2012 on textbox and comboboxlistbox compatability with cocoonjs.
My app depends on those 2.
And i would really like to use cocoonjs.

Kinnd Regards.
Savvy
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General