New CocoonJS plugin from Ludei! Open source!

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun May 04, 2014 6:49 am

vitorfgd wrote:@shaircast And it will be with this id that I will use the command to open the leaderboard and to send data to it?
Thanks for the quick response!

define a global constant or variable with text example: leader="fase7r934resr" (the id of the leaderboard in google)

make a condition to check if the user is logged and submit score:

if login succeed = set userloggedvar = 1

if long failed = set userloggedvar = 0

Example:

if userloggedvar=1 - submit score of highscore to the leaderboard id leader

Achievements:

if userloggedvar=1 - submit achievement (in the achievement cocoon js pop up introduce the qWAERasdas id); set achieve1=1;
achieve1=0

On achievements be sure to trigger them once with a var and change that, otherwise it will submit continuously.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 04, 2014 6:50 am

Thanks, @lwgames that clears it up for me. As for the hotfix, it's located here: https://github.com/herksaw/Construct-2-plugin
Just click on "Download ZIP" although you probably know what to do from there :)

Has anyone encountered this problem...if you leave the Leaderboard Service field on the Cocoon plugin set to None and when you install it on your device, everything works perfectly. But, if you set it to Google Play Games, then it will get to the Ludei loading screen and just freeze (well, it just keeps flashing and flashing) and your game never loads.

This has happened to me before, and after I reduced some of my image file sizes, it no longer would freeze on the Ludei screen. Does including Google Play Games increase your file size? What is everyone's install size on your phone for your app? Mine is about 30 mb, and I feel this may be high.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 04, 2014 7:12 am

sgtwombatstudios wrote:Thanks, @lwgames that clears it up for me. As for the hotfix, it's located here: https://github.com/herksaw/Construct-2-plugin
Just click on "Download ZIP" although you probably know what to do from there :)

Has anyone encountered this problem...if you leave the Leaderboard Service field on the Cocoon plugin set to None and when you install it on your device, everything works perfectly. But, if you set it to Google Play Games, then it will get to the Ludei loading screen and just freeze (well, it just keeps flashing and flashing) and your game never loads.

This has happened to me before, and after I reduced some of my image file sizes, it no longer would freeze on the Ludei screen. Does including Google Play Games increase your file size? What is everyone's install size on your phone for your app? Mine is about 30 mb, and I feel this may be high.

Thats weird, not sure.

I experienced similar problems because i had some plugins like Flurry had to remove it completly, so check if you have some non vanilla plugins which are not ready for the new cocoon yet. Check debug on cocoon launcher, maybe you get more info. When running on cocoon launcher, press the fps numbers on the top left corner.
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 04, 2014 1:21 pm

vitorfgd wrote:Is anyone else having problems with the plugin part in performing the login request? In my case, the plugin no matter what I do, he always asks for login automatically at the beginning of the game.

Hi i have the same bug here. I've reported that issue to ludei. Let see what happens.

Link: http://support.ludei.com/hc/communities ... onstruct-2
Image Image iTunes: Match3 | Google Play: Match3
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 05, 2014 4:18 pm

so how did you guys managed to make cocoon js ads (admob+mobpub) work in 2.0 ? on 1.4.7 they work but fullscreen ad refresh brings a white page on top of everything and i want to use 2.0 since they fixed the crashing on sleep if you have music. @ArcadEd Ed you use fullscreen ads, did you have problems with 2.0 compiler? Did you do anything different to make it work? Actually on the other app not even the normal ads work anymore with 2.0 :(

thanks
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 05, 2014 4:20 pm

My banner ads seem fine in my tests, I haven't tried fullscreen ads in 2.0 yet. I'll try to this week.

I am using the old version of Admob though, so I'm not sure if that is causing any difference. I don't know why it would.
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 05, 2014 4:39 pm

ArcadEd wrote:My banner ads seem fine in my tests, I haven't tried fullscreen ads in 2.0 yet. I'll try to this week.

I am using the old version of Admob though, so I'm not sure if that is causing any difference. I don't know why it would.

What u mean the old version ED? I only used Admob since March, so i am not very proficient.
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 05, 2014 4:44 pm

Admob website updated about a year ago, I haven't gone through the update process. The more people are having issues, the more I think I might need too. Even for fear of breaking my ads :).

Mine still looks like this, you can see the blue UPGRADE button at the top.
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 05, 2014 4:52 pm

oh i see, mine doesnt look like that. So i am on the new version and thats why it might not work? I guess. I'll wait a few days to see if somehow it will start to work, hopefully somebody will update the plugin/compiler or i will have to switch back to 1.4.7 :(

Thanks Ed
B
S
G

Post » Tue May 06, 2014 6:59 am

Our game Headless is now also updated with leaderboards and achievements : https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ss.android
We are still using the 1.4.7 compiler because we noticed a significant performance drop wit 2.0 on older devices.

fullscreen ads do display (we are using chartboost) but there is still the bug, that only one ad will be shown per session.

Did anyone try the achievements on iOS ?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General