New CocoonJS plugin from Ludei! Open source!

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:50 pm

apparently iOS game center code is available but sounds like they haven't added support for Google Play game services yet, but it's just a matter of someone adding the code to the repo https://github.com/ludei/Construct-2-pl ... t-40892768
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:38 pm

hm... on github clearly say that they implemented both leaderboards, android and ios... no!?

April 14, 2014

Added support for Google Play Games / Game Center leaderboards & Achievements
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:15 pm

@russpuppy i visit your site youve made a lot of games. all these games made with c2?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:34 pm

@spy84 some of them yes, some of them no (I use a few other game engines as well though Construct 2 is my favorite). Feel free to PM me if you have more questions so we don't hijack this thread :)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:30 pm

Colludium wrote:@Ribis - the problem for me with the new plugin was that I could not run any C2 game in preview on my laptop in google chrome after I installed it following Ludei's instructions - it was nothing to do with whether or not the script was minified, unfortunately (unless I've missed another potential fix on reading that thread - I enjoyed the facepalm banter, though!). I've reverted back to the old plugin and everything is stable again...

I'm pleased and excited that some of the big guns are in on this already (@russpuppy). All hope is not yet lost!

yes...

Actually, I spent 2 months to make my games for cocoonJS... and is working good...

I'm ready to invest some money to get a good plugin like cocoonJS!! I don't undestand why Ludei doesn't make a special subscription to use their plugin... it's so strange...

I think, a lot of person will pay a good money if the plugin is working good! construct2 is a perfect software to make a VERY good games in 2d, and cocconJS is a perfect "combo" to publish on iOS.... so, I don't really understand why they make everythings complex... :lol:

I will try the new plugin with the update tomorrow... if I understand is working for iOS.... but I prefer to pay something to get a good service...
B
S

Post » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:57 am

It's always worked fine for iOS (just no achievements support). The issue has always been getting google play services to work. I'll try to mess around with it this week as well.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:20 am

Installed the new plugin and opened up the example CAPX with no issues. Sure it doesn't run in preview mode, which kind of sucks. I'll try compiling and testing a project with it tonight or tomorrow. My flappy clone already has google play services, so it should be a quick test.

The big issue right now is the plugin is so different, I can't open up any projects that used Gamecenter events from the old plugin. Projects just containing CJS Ads seem to open up just fine.

Hopefully Ashley can add this new version to the next C2 up and fix the inconsistencies somehow. Otherwise, I'm going to keep the older version of the plugin on one computer so I can open up projects to remove the CJS stuff that is causing issues.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:19 am

The old version had a problem with In-app purchases, you can't restore purchases. It's fixed in the new version?

I was waiting this update for months!!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:32 am

ArcadEd wrote:Installed the new plugin and opened up the example CAPX with no issues. Sure it doesn't run in preview mode, which kind of sucks. I'll try compiling and testing a project with it tonight or tomorrow. My flappy clone already has google play services, so it should be a quick test.

You mean the "Lazy Rocket", right? I have it, and I'm really enjoying it, but I can't really find any Google Play Service integration in your app.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:00 am

@ArcadEd Did you just take the files off the github? When I put the files into the relevant folders I get a javascript file error and the plugin doesn't load?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General