New CocoonJS plugin from Ludei! Open source!

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:44 pm

Ragevortex wrote:Well then I tried this(several times) and my working game just stopped working because it stays at the ludei flicker screen... the google play 24hr waiting time doesn't help my cause either.

Darn.. I had high hopes for this update... @ludei what kind of self respecting programmer pushes out a non working plugin that breaks more than it fixes! (i don't mean it as a bad way im just saying hey man that sucked)
@ArcadEd Thanx for your efforts on trying to make this work... they're greatly appreciated. I do agree with your previous statement that @Ashley should be able to check if he can fix this and integrate it properly to C2 ... I think he's kinda swamped with work tho so I'm guessing if considered it'll go into the back burner... which leaves us right were we were... waiting...
Oh well. **searches for his chips, soda and a JS manual just in case**
Frankly I believe C2 should have an in house plugin to deal with such things.

agree! @ashley should take over the cjs plugin, i need the new features from new plugin but it wouldn't work with my existing project..... :roll:
Doo Doo Diving App Store | Google Play

Donut Pirate App Store | Google Play
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:51 am

hollowthreat wrote:
Ragevortex wrote:Well then I tried this(several times) and my working game just stopped working because it stays at the ludei flicker screen... the google play 24hr waiting time doesn't help my cause either.

Darn.. I had high hopes for this update... @ludei what kind of self respecting programmer pushes out a non working plugin that breaks more than it fixes! (i don't mean it as a bad way im just saying hey man that sucked)
@ArcadEd Thanx for your efforts on trying to make this work... they're greatly appreciated. I do agree with your previous statement that @Ashley should be able to check if he can fix this and integrate it properly to C2 ... I think he's kinda swamped with work tho so I'm guessing if considered it'll go into the back burner... which leaves us right were we were... waiting...
Oh well. **searches for his chips, soda and a JS manual just in case**
Frankly I believe C2 should have an in house plugin to deal with such things.

agree! @ashley should take over the cjs plugin, i need the new features from new plugin but it wouldn't work with my existing project..... :roll:

The problem is that ashley used to maintain the cocoonJS plugin, but due to lack of communication from ludei, he couldn't do it properly, so it was ludei's job to maintain it

And so I do not expect Ashley to maintain it again, unless you talked about just fixing it for this particular moment
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:03 am

Ludei are impossible to work with: they've previously made broad, sweeping breaking changes and been unable to provide a list of changes or ways to work around them or otherwise update old code so it still works. I literally could not figure out how to update the plugin, so I told them to maintain it themselves. Now open-sourcing it is a thinly veiled way of dumping it back on our laps, with the extra bonus of having completely broken it again.

I am not happy with this. I will do my best to fix up Ludei's mess yet again since lots of people are already using it, but please, if at all possible move over to Ejecta - it's open source so we can maintain it ourselves and, erm, not completely break it every few months. Crosswalk should work well for Android too.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:15 am

@Ashley +1 for your decision to try to fix the cocoonJS-Plugin for those who need to use it for now, but else focus on Ejecta.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:44 am

I can totally understand Ashley's unhappiness.

Due to the indifference of Ludei help center,
recently I tried back to IntelXDK and Phonegap.

Unfortunately, Cocoonjs has the most important features such as best-performance, ads, appstore-leaderboard/achievement integration, which we can't do on other compilers.

If Ejecta and Crosswalk got those features one day, I'll abandon Cocoonjs at the first time. :evil:
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:52 am

this is so disappointment
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:58 am

Ashley wrote:Ludei are impossible to work with: they've previously made broad, sweeping breaking changes and been unable to provide a list of changes or ways to work around them or otherwise update old code so it still works. I literally could not figure out how to update the plugin, so I told them to maintain it themselves. Now open-sourcing it is a thinly veiled way of dumping it back on our laps, with the extra bonus of having completely broken it again.

I am not happy with this. I will do my best to fix up Ludei's mess yet again since lots of people are already using it, but please, if at all possible move over to Ejecta - it's open source so we can maintain it ourselves and, erm, not completely break it every few months. Crosswalk should work well for Android too.

lol, I don't understand why Ludei slight Construct2... this doesn't make any sense... a lot of people use construct2...

If they update the plugin for construct2 and works well, and if they make a subscription for their plugin to remove a splashscreen for example... they will make money from construct2... :lol:

so, I don't understand that... I use cooconJS because the performance is good, but when I will buy a mac (very soon) I will move to Ejcta...

but Ashley please, with construct2 is possible to make a serius game and make serius money on mobile (on computer is more difficult....)

everything is moving on mobile, I think construct2 must have a perfect exporter for iOS and android... not for free off course, the best it's to pay for a good software (or plugin) like a subscription or something like that...

I'm making a very good game for iphone, I use cooconJS, (so, I can test on windows7) but now without the Mac I can't move the project... (this is my problem) but if Ejcta performace is bad.... :o :o :o
B
S

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:30 am

Ashley wrote:I am not happy with this. I will do my best to fix up Ludei's mess yet again since lots of people are already using it, but please, if at all possible move over to Ejecta - it's open source so we can maintain it ourselves and, erm, not completely break it every few months. Crosswalk should work well for Android too.

I will definitely move over to Ejecta with my next project. However, I still have to update Trambo and it would be painful to switch exporter at this point, so this is very much appreciated.

You guys are simply the best.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:51 am

I filled a bug report regarding an humongous glitch that happens on a lot of devices since v2.0 (even in the demo packed with the launcher!!!).
Today (after my decision to use crosswalk and never look back) i checked their support forum and I saw this:
"10 days ago - 0 votes - 0 answers"

I used to be pissed off when CocoonJS was the only viable solution to export games on android devices, but now I'm laughing. I can't really imagine a company with such a bad organization survive the market laws. They HAD a jewel and two years of advantage over their competitors and wasted all of it.
In the near future even low-end mobile CPUs and GPUs will be able to run full browsers at full framerate and solutions like CocoonJS will be useless and out of date.
B
S

Post » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:29 pm

@Knifegrinder
So your creation is not using any leaderboard benefits?
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General