new computer, new problem

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:31 am

hi tula, oh and btw, im still waiting for that sliding example
though it can wait for now, need to get this fixed first.
i was actually wondering about the cpu myself, i remember having problems before trying to play thief 3 on my old computer, it had problems with dual core processors. there was a workaround for that, and i could try and see if theres something strange happening with the cpu while running construct.i havent tried unlocking the fourth core or anything. but still, im puzzled, that why does it work normally,while another construct window is open..
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:47 am

O my, I totally forgot about that sliding. I'm terribly sorry

When I was posting I had no chance to read that post from you just a minute earlier. Can you make it run normally by running with the debugger instead of a normal preview, or was it the combination of deleting parts of the layout plus debugging?
And another thought: Running v-synced causes the problem while only one preview is running. With two previews, both are running v-synced and without problems. Does the driver report a correct refresh rate? Could it be that it reports some interlaced rate (e.g. 1920x1080i instead of 1920x1080p) instead?
And do have exported executables the same problem?tulamide2012-02-07 09:47:54
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:26 am

no problem lol. i did try to figure it out myself,but i didnt get any good results with the sliding. but dont take any stress for it, im in no hurry

yes it works normally while running the debugger, or while there is another preview window running, it just doesnt work alone. .exe contains the same problem,just tried it.

but something interesting happened again. i changed the resolution of the layout to the same one my desktop has (1440x900, native monitor resolution would be 1680x1050 but i consider it too small (text etc),thats why i use 1440) and somehow it seems to work...? it has some minor random hitches, but now its running normally, smoothly and it doesnt feel like 15-30 fps. i was using 1280x720 res before and btw i always have it running in window. strange...

EDIT: except when running fullscreen. then it gets all sticky again..

EDIT2: further investigation suggests that its not just that one layout either. i tested some older .caps ive made and the same problem. single preview window stutters, but two windows at the same time works perfectly. its getting pretty clear that the problem lies in my hardware somewhere. now if i could only know where. i tried to set the cpu affinity to a single core but it didnt do anything..

EDIT3: and to continue the above text, switching the same cap's resolution to 1440x900 fixed the stuttering and now that cap is running perfectly. could it be some kind of weird upscaling/resizing/stretching/resolution issue?clodius6662012-02-07 11:46:59
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic