New Computer

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Find and Destroy all computer malware in this lighthearted security game.
  • Hey guys I'm back...just after I finished my uni work my laptop died ( I fried the graphics card somehow) and I had to get a new computer.

My computer has an Intel Core 2 Duo CPU (E8400 3Ghz) - which apparently can be overclocked to 4 heh. And my graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT. I'm still running XP and I'm happy to say that UT3 demo runs at highest possible settings perfectly smoothly at 1680x1050 and crysis runs playably at the high settings as well (anyone know how I can get stats for crysis ?) 3 gig ram, half a terrabyte harddrive, etc etc.

Also tried out some PhysX examples because apparently my graphics card supports PhysX...played a really awesome fluid physics example and it ran pretty good considering it was processing like 16,000 bouncing spheres. I wonder if someone will invent a 2d PhysX library that used the GPU to calculate the physics

Anyways I an exam on Friday and then I'm on holidays, so I'll get back into some serious construct work very soon

• w00t! Nice setup

• I prefer ATI and AMD...

But...you computer is very efficient

PS. I want new computer!! (my only have 256MB of RAM)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sweet laptop man. Sounds a lot like the MSI GX620.

If you are keen on the PhysX thing, you should check out Ageia and see if there is an SDK available. It would be awesome if Construct could use the PhysX technology to process all the physics objects.

Also, I prefer AMD and ATI as well, yet I bought Intel and Nvidia this time around lol.

~Sol

• ah its a desktop not a laptop. I find i work more productively on a desktop and dont chase my house mates around saying 'look at this utube video!'

• ah its a desktop not a laptop. I find i work more productively on a desktop and dont chase my house mates around saying 'look at this utube video!'

Oh snap. I have no idea why I assumed it was a laptop lol.

I know what you mean though... free roaming portability means work just doesn't happen. To inclined to muck around rather than produce.

~Sol

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)