New Dropbox competitor offering 20 gigs of space

Discussion of tools and resources for game developers

Post » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:52 am

I did try to search to see if anyone else had posted about it, but searching for "Copy" returned nearly every post ever made.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:57 am

Moved to Tools/resources since this isn't directly C2 related.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:51 am

Thanks for the info!

There's only one thing that makes me nervous. From the TOS:

"Copy reserves the right to change the amount of free storage or terminate Free Accounts at any time."
"Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if a Free Account is inactive for a significant period of time, then Copy may delete any or all of Your Files."

I'm not sure if I want to put sensible data on a storage that might delete my files and cancel my account. Dropbox also keeps the right to terminate an account temporary or permanently in case of abuse, but never deletes any data. Instead you're informed how you may retrieve your files.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:04 am

The way I use the cloud storage services the account vanishing shouldn't hurt, because it stores copies on each of my machines. I use in more like a synced folder, than cloud storage.
(other than when I'm at some other computer accessing the account online.)

Now if they would delete my files and it ordered the app to empty the local folders... yikes.

Inactivity isn't likely either, I turn on one of my machines that's been off for a day, and it has to sync 200 files.

What we need is Dropbox to get nervous, and up their space.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:48 pm

[QUOTE=Patriick] Damn, I actually contributed to the community and asked for people to use my link as a thank you and only got two people to sign up =\

I also have it in my sig... I didn't think of just 'asking' in the gerneal chat =| lol[/QUOTE]
@Patriick
signed up using yours
cheers :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:07 pm

[QUOTE=DrGreenThumbCAN] [QUOTE=Patriick] Damn, I actually contributed to the community and asked for people to use my link as a thank you and only got two people to sign up =\

I also have it in my sig... I didn't think of just 'asking' in the gerneal chat =| lol[/QUOTE]
@Patriick
signed up using yours
cheers :)[/QUOTE]

Cheers mate =]

@Paradox - That's fine, I kind of just put it at the bottom of my first big post and asked people to sign up as a thank you. I didn't really know where else to post about it directly and as this was moved I guess 'Construct2 General' wasn't the right place lol anyhow, it appears you have quite a nice amount of space now =] congrats :P
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:47 am

@Patrick,

Just signed up using your link too -lol. Nice Find, nice share. Decend amount of space too
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Tools and Resources