New facebook changes and how it affects C2

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Customize the animation of character when item changed
  • So I recently tried to publish a Facebook game but I cannot. It seems that Facebook has changed a lot when it comes to how to submit a game.

I tried to trouble shoot for about an hour today but without any success. Does anybody know how to upload a game to the new facebook?

• Has anybody been successful with deploying to the new facebook?

• What's changed exactly? Does it require a HTTPS url?

• The biggest change is that there is no see app profile page. It has been replaced with an app timeline view. But with the new facebook version I can't seem to access my app.

There is an option where you can build a custom page for your app but I haven't got that to work either. I think you might have to add the app in manually but again, I haven't figured it out.

• The submitting is quite simple, but the main problem for most of us will be, that Facebook now required HTTPS... and a Certificate that is validated by every browser is way too expensive.

When everything is set up correctly, you will see a "Play Game" Button on the Timeline Page.

This is my example I set up:

facebook.com/pages/GOG-Sailor-Community/243989519026069

The Game does not work, as I am updating PHP at the moment on my server :)

• What did you do differently in the scirra tutorial on how to make a facebook game.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I am on a german layout, so a few words might be different for you than my translation :)

Setting

-> Basics

--> Applicationdomain: Enter here the domain you have uploaded your game to

--> Facebook Integration

---> Website: You need to insert a website, even if it does not exist at all

---> Application on Facebook: Secure Canvas-URL (Enter here the path to your game, starting with https://)

And that's all... nothing more I did :)

• Huh, that's annoying, I'll see if I can update the tutorial at some point.

Ubivis - SSL certificates used to be expensive, but they're a lot cheaper now. For example, there's one for �10 a year at http://www.123-reg.co.uk/ssl-certificates/. Shop around and you'll find similar deals elsewhere.

• Ashley

Are those approved certificates?

You can also get some for free, but your browser will still bring up a security notice, if the company that gave your the cert is not in the list of trusted ones. :(

• Ubivis

I have done this before but I cannot seem to find a link to my game on my facebook page. Did you select see app timeline view to see it?

• hmm, I am not sure about this anymore. I set the page up last week to play around with the new features. You could try :)

• I have been tinkering around with the entire platform for the last two days. Im not getting anywhere.

• well I'm very confuse with facebook.

I get to publish my game in FB but I had to buy a https hosting to my game.

No other way to work.But I'm confuse because the game just display in a page that I can't customise ... and I don't know a very good way to promove this in a official page in FB.There is just a link in a page and I can't connect both.

The Hiscore is my other problem... after had a lot of help in the forum I get this to work, but late I discover that its just publish my own score, and for some friends... I don't know why.I think all my code is OK, but its don't work.

I'd like Ashley try to publish there and if you guys from SCIRRA make a tutorial more detailed showing the settings inside facebook and in Construct.

Anyway here the link for my game, and I hope publish this in Arcade very soon.

https://apps.facebook.com/escoladeaxe

• You can still use most of the facebook functionality if you set it up and use the app secret and app ID. You just can't see the app on facebook.

• Facebook API only allows you to access Your own scores and some friends, its no coding issue its a "feature".

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)