New Feature Request - Solid Ignore Select Solid

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:31 pm

To add to the requests, I'd love to see the solid behaviour fully expanded -

Collision groups
Directional solidness, similar to jump-thrus, but more, objects can be limited based on simple directions (up,down,left and right) or an angle range.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:48 pm

The feature could save alot of time and lines of codes, but it isn't implemented yet right?

So... does anybody have a another solution?
B

Post » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:02 pm

Apparently I just did my own hitbox detection, sorry for double post!
B

Post » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:13 pm

Unity has had this feature for ages. It's a bit sad that Construct 2 doesn't.
The moderators are corrupt and ban for no reason, especially that condescending neckbeard asshole Kyatric. The forums are filled with fanboys.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:04 pm

Lots of other engines have this feature, or, rather, allow you to write it yourself. You'd have to go very, very far out of your way to do that in C2 though.

Perhaps it's more difficult to add than we think. It's been a request for over 2 years now and no word from Ashley.

Either way, it'd definitely come in handy.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:17 am

Tokinsom wrote:Perhaps it's more difficult to add than we think. It's been a request for over 2 years now and no word from Ashley.

Then again, we've been waiting for a global boolean for possibly longer. It's possible that Ashley never thought about it.
The moderators are corrupt and ban for no reason, especially that condescending neckbeard asshole Kyatric. The forums are filled with fanboys.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:40 am

Nesteris wrote:
Tokinsom wrote:Perhaps it's more difficult to add than we think. It's been a request for over 2 years now and no word from Ashley.

Then again, we've been waiting for a global boolean for possibly longer. It's possible that Ashley never thought about it.

For what it's worth, a global variable with the default of 0 and the simple addition of a switch/toggle function as a single event in every project has replicated any use I can see for a global boolean.

But a comment on the solid behaviour would be nice.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:46 pm

Elliott wrote:
Nesteris wrote:

For what it's worth, a global variable with the default of 0 and the simple addition of a switch/toggle function as a single event in every project has replicated any use I can see for a global boolean.

But a comment on the solid behaviour would be nice.

I know, I was just pointing out that the simplest of features still aren't in C2, even after years of waiting.
Banned User
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:43 pm

True, still I do appreciate every little bit of C2! I just wrote a nice looking game with lots of lots of functions below 300 lines of codes. You can still work around everything, I don't mind polishing some of my coding skills :D.

So thank you Ashley and of course Team Scirra for the fast & smooth engine! :)
B

Post » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:31 pm

Y'know if we quit using behaviors and taught people to use events to write their own, as it should be, then everyone could do this and much, much more themselves. And learn quite a few things in the process. Juuust saying.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General