New features in Construct 2

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:54 pm

I haven't been able to check out the new C2 versions yet... but will we be able to embed music and sounds automatically in .exe's (when the exe exporter becomes available), and move away from Construct 1's system of packing folders with the .exe?

If not, please consider it! :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:33 pm

[quote="Steely":3he3wvk7]Are there plans that we can zoom in and out in the layout editor? (C2), I really miss that function in C0.x
Its really handy if you are working with large layouts.[/quote:3he3wvk7]
You can already... there are buttons on the ribbon and the ctrl+mousewheel shortcut that was in 0.x also works in C2! Why did you think it wasn't there? Did I forget to add a different shortcut?

@MrMiller: we're sticking with HTML5 export for the time being.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:28 pm

[quote="Ashley":1zs4dhyu]
@MrMiller: we're sticking with HTML5 export for the time being.[/quote:1zs4dhyu]

I understand. I wasn't asking because I'm against HTML 5 or anything (which I'm not, I honestly don't know much about it at all since it's not a widely used or widely known standard yet), I just figured that since .exe is a staple of pretty much all game creators, that it's planned to be included at some point, and I was hoping that embedding music and sounds in the .exe would be the route this time instead of the folders system... just wondering...
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:36 pm

[quote:39tegabj] You can already... there are buttons on the ribbon and the ctrl+mousewheel shortcut that was in 0.x also works in C2! Why did you think it wasn't there? Did I forget to add a different shortcut?
[/quote:39tegabj]

Oh I see lol, thats amazing, did not know that there where shortcuts in C0.x

Thanks Ashley :)
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:52 pm

[quote="MrMiller":3qb09iey]
I understand. I wasn't asking because I'm against HTML 5 or anything (which I'm not, I honestly don't know much about it at all since it's not a widely used or widely known standard yet), I just figured that since .exe is a staple of pretty much all game creators, that it's planned to be included at some point, and I was hoping that embedding music and sounds in the .exe would be the route this time instead of the folders system... just wondering...[/quote:3qb09iey]
I don't think it's planned to be included.
As far as I can remember, it will be a paid for extension, and may not even be written by Ash, but by a 3rd party instead.

My banner says it all. :D

I haven't used C2 yet, and probably won't until/if an exe exporter is available.
I'm still enjoying Construct 0.x, and it's the only programming tool that encroaches on my Unity and Java time.

Krush.
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 14, 2011 10:52 am

When do we get the ability to have sounds in our games?
B
G

Post » Sat May 14, 2011 1:25 pm

From the FAQ:
[quote:1eqmo08k]Q: What happened to (or where is) <some feature>?
A: C2 is very young. Features will be added in time. We probably want to add that feature, but haven't got there yet.[/quote:1eqmo08k]
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 14, 2011 4:59 pm

[quote="rymate1234":1ylrw7mm]When do we get the ability to have sounds in our games?[/quote:1ylrw7mm]
RojoHound made a sound plugin that you can use.

While it's not ideal for music yet, it's definitely suitable for SFX.
Check out my VGM on my soundcloud page!
Video-Game Music: E.C.2151
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:24 pm

I don't know if this is the right place to put suggestions but I'd guess so - anyway..

I wonder if anyone else would like the idea of 'locking' events? As in to right click an event and select 'lock' in the same way as you would toggle, removing the 'new action' option from the event, making the event sheet look neater and avoiding accidental additions to events.

Is this useful? I'm not sure, but it would be handy for those of us working on large projects and make it easier to determine when an event or group is 'finished' so to speak.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:38 pm

@Corvidae, have you seen the 'Hide new action links' option in the Events ribbon tab? That does that but for all events. It saves some screen space, and you can still add actions by right-clicking events. I thought it would make a good sort of "review" mode, where you tend to read and edit events more than you add them. Is that what you're after or is the finer control of group-by-group what you want?
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General