New features in Construct 2

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:39 pm

Nice Information.I have bookmarked your site to learn more. Thanks.
http://www.hosts101.com/http://www.hosts101.com/
B
G

Post » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:06 pm

Would it be possible to make animations "animate" in layout editor? for visual reference instead of hiting preview every few seconds
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:21 pm

[QUOTE=shinkan] Would it be possible to make animations "animate" in layout editor? for visual reference instead of hiting preview every few seconds[/QUOTE]
That will definitly be helpful. Maybe have a play button somewhere that shows when the animation runs.

What about animating with Sprite Sheets? Is this possible currently?

I'm new to Scirra of any form and thought i'd start out with Scirra 2 as i want to be able to build HTML 5 and later port apps. I know this is still very early but I'd like to try and find out how Scirra 2 works and maybe help think it through in terms of features.

Would looking at documentation/ tutorials from Scirra Classic help me get my bearings with Scirra 2? I'm currently doing the Scirra 2 beginner guide.
Havok2011-07-20 13:25:09
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:38 am

Will Bones get added back in. Along with some IK Slovers built in it.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:37 pm

While working with a cap for the help section I realized, there could be a good feature in the Construct 2. I've wanted to show the guy I was helping that I edited an object on the layout, I had to wrote a comment to the event sheet editor. Would be great, if there was a drawing tool, which I could use to draw a pointer to the object and left a note. Something like in Photoshop. I think, it could be good for cooperation, when working with a team on a source, so a problem or change could be quickly recognized.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:58 pm

You mean some post-it over the code and/or layout ?
Could be a good idea indeed.
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:46 pm

[QUOTE=Kyatric] You mean some post-it over the code and/or layout ?
[/QUOTE]

Over layout. I remember it from Photoshop where it's really helpful when you make say, template for a website and you can leave comments for a coding guy.
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:07 pm

I don't think html5 will ever be used for games.
I tried making a topdown shooter and it was really slow, especially when loops where initiated.
After adding a tiled backdrop the game was so slow it could not be played.

Also, the export function did not work in the latest releas, although, that might be something you did on purpose because the final version will not be free?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:16 pm

@Urled, what browser did you try? Have you tried IE9? It's really fast - usually a solid 60fps.

What didn't work about the export function? It's supposed to work. If it's a bug we'd definitely like to fix it - see reporting bugs.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:25 pm

Well, i tried exporting it because i wanted to try it in another browser.
In application preferences another browser could be selected, but for some reason construct always ended up opening firefox (the latest version).
I don't know if it was a bug. When the exported project was opens the bordered box in which the game was supposed to be was empty. This did not happen in the older versions of Construct I tried.
I will try making a new application and export it. If it does not work I'll report it.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General