New 'Ghost busting' HTML5 demo

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Demo Game Multiplayer Online with member registration system
  • As mentioned in the r27 thread, there's a new demo (along the lines of the old 'rain demo') here:

http://www.scirra.com/labs/ghostbustinghtml5

You can get the .capx (for r27) here.

I thought I'd get some feedback - is it working properly in everyone's browsers? Especially interested in Mac and Linux users. Also, do you think it makes a good demo? Anything wrong with it? Thanks!

• Works great on Google Chrome, Windows 7 x64.

• I noticed something odd. In Firefox the framerate dips a lot when the camera view is scrolled away from a corner. So standing around in the middle of the level (not moving, just standing there) gets me about 12-15fps. But if I stand around in a corner of the level, where two layout edges meet, I get about double that amount. It doesn't seem to matter much how many ghosts are on the screen at the time, but more on where the camera is at the moment.

• Neat. =)

Sometimes when I move and click at the same time the controls will get stuck and the character will move much faster in whatever direction he gets stuck in (it seems it's random since I was moving right and he got stuck and when I let go of the keys he 'ran' to the left...)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • i got 14-17 fps with 32 objects

on a Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5800 2.00GHz

with firefox 4

• Slow on Firefox, 58 fps on Chrome.

• Maybe it would be a better idea to set the controls to WASD. It's less awkward for me, since I use a laptop, and it won't cause problems related to the page itself.

Edit: Also, I can't open the cap in R27, it, for some reason, is complaining that AbsoluteX is not an expression of the Mouse object.

• I don't know why people get so low FPS, i get 60-63 FPS on firefox 4, win 7 32bits.

[quote:1ppbpoex]Maybe it would be a better idea to set the controls to WASD.

WASD is a pain to play with on an AZERTY keyboard... like the one i use.

But DXCV should work ok on both

• Edit: Also, I can't open the cap in R27, it, for some reason, is complaining that AbsoluteX is not an expression of the Mouse object.

Oops, think I messed up the 32-bit build. One tick...

• Win7 Enterprise x64 bit and using Chrome here, I get 59, 60/61 FPS on my comp so I see it work's fine on my PC, gotta love the future of Construct this is impressive.

• So Chrome and IE9 would be the ones recommended to play Construct 2 games. Perhaps Firefox 4 Beta as well.

There is a problem with different browsers, however... they support different audio codecs, for example Firefox doesn't support MP3, Chrome doesn't support WAV and IE9 doesn't support OGG.

So you have to provide your audio files in at least two of those formats.

• So there are sound effects in this game? I thought it's because Construct 2 does not have audio implemented in it yet, I couldn't hear any noises using Chrome.

• There are no sound effects - sound is something I'll figure out another time...

• Vista, Chrome 59-61fps

Player's sprite and the screen are sometimes shaking a little bit when scrolling.

• I think (although I don't know 100%) HTML5 has a built in standard for playing audio.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)