New here :D

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:50 pm

New to this site, and new to Construct Classic. I figured there was an introduce yourself thread somewhere, but I couldn't find one, which brings me to the meat of this thread. How do I use this site? I mean, I don't want to be making threads about stuff that have been covered already. For example, if I wanted to find help on how to increase the size of a room, or give objects hp, where would I go or how would I search?

But, yeah, new to Construct. I've messed around with a little. So far, I've made a guy that can shoot stuff using mouse controls that has a Megaman look when he jumps. But I've found that learning alone makes for a lot of roadblocks. Right now, I'm stuck on learning how to make rooms bigger and add hp to things. I'm browsing around the tutorial area downloading caps, trying to assemble just enough knowledge to start experimenting more.
B

Post » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:05 pm

@Ornjlightning
hi
the thread is under 'general'
and is named
The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:11 pm

Thanks. I'll post this crap there then. :D
B

Post » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:27 pm

@Ornjlightning
its in construct 2
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:42 pm

Yeah, I found it. This site format is a little hard for me. Haven't used forums much. But I'll but I'll probably come back here a lot in the future, so I became a member and all that business. Does this site have a friends system?
B

Post » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:14 pm

@Ornjlightning
hi no I don't think it has a friend system; although there is a add buddy near the name
it was hard for me too; never used forums before;you are best of reading the rules on how best to approach things.. and search for answers too..

B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:05 pm

@Ornjlightning - FYI, Construct Classic has been retired and we strongly recommend new users start with using Construct 2 instead. Out of curiosity, what made you choose Classic? It hasn't been maintained for a year now whereas we do weekly updates of C2.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:07 pm

@Ashley - Construct 2 costs money right? I got Classic because I knew it was free. I heard about it from my brother. I switched to it after hitting a lot of roadblocks with GameMaker, again on my Brother's advice, I switched to Construct. Originally, I wanted to use Game Maker because it doesn't use Direct X, which is becoming less used. After messing around with Construct, I began to understand how ridiculously easy it was to use and experiment with. After having gotten a few chapters into a C++ book, I kind of prefered Construct. :).

Is there a free version of Construct 2?
B

Post » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:59 pm

You can download the latest installer and it will automatically run in free mode without a Construct 2 license from here: https://www.scirra.com/construct2/releases/r126

You can compare the features of Construct 2 between free and paid versions here: http://www.scirra.com/store/construct-2
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (maybe)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:04 pm

But if I was to make a game with it, I sell it or publish it or upload it places or whatever?
B

Next

Return to Construct Classic Discussion