NEW : HTML5 Piano - Feedback = Welcome!

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:07 pm

vancouver wrote:@johnrazor

holy moly, you are on to something here.

Yesterday, as you know, I had somewhat of a setback because of two issues.
The Visual Studio one is now fixed and was my fault because I downloaded Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows Desktop (I don't know what "that" is for but the "for Desktop" is not able to open our stuff.

The second issue is still ongoing.
I have a high-end MSI laptop with I use for mechanical engineering apps like SolidWorks.

To make W8.1 games, I bought an inexpensive ACER Aspire. It has 6GIG of RAM and a Intel 4600 GFX chip.
That GFX chip is customized which means that I can't just download an updated driver from Intel.
To make things worse, ACER doesn't have an updated driver available.

The reason why this is important is because I can't test my C2 games on that machine.
Every time I press the mouse or touch the screen, it flickers.
Some capx files I have downloaded from this forum flicker right upon opening the app in a browser.

I would like to send "a" version of my piano app to Microsoft and then update it on a bi-weekly basis.

The play-back function would lift this app up several notches and is a "must add" feature for sure.

Let's think about this and in the meantime, I will try to tweak the app and sometime this evening, send it to Microsoft.

Let's hope it works on their end and they approve it.

Glad to help! As far as the flickering goes, have you tried different preview browsers? If it flickers in all browsers, there's definitely something weird going on. I'm wondering if it does that in Node-Webkit. Also, does it flicker any other time (like when you're just browsing the internet)?
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:19 pm

John,
that is the WEIRD part!

I can preview the same app (that flickers when previewed from within C2 > preview) once it is on the net and it displays fine.

But locally, on that machine, every capx I load flickers.

At first I figured that it is the latest beta and ignored it but now I know that it is on my end.

There isn't really anything installed other than C2 because I do all of the development on the Laptop which also runs C2 under Win7 and all the gfx work on the iMac, my baby which always works.

Just so you know ... I am used to that.
EVERY TIME in my life, when I work on something that matters, something that becomes a product, the hardware around me fails colossally. That's why I bought the iMac in the first place. :)
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:34 pm

vancouver wrote:John,
that is the WEIRD part!

I can preview the same app (that flickers when previewed from within C2 > preview) once it is on the net and it displays fine.

But locally, on that machine, every capx I load flickers.

At first I figured that it is the latest beta and ignored it but now I know that it is on my end.

There isn't really anything installed other than C2 because I do all of the development on the Laptop which also runs C2 under Win7 and all the gfx work on the iMac, my baby which always works.

Just so you know ... I am used to that.
EVERY TIME in my life, when I work on something that matters, something that becomes a product, the hardware around me fails colossally. That's why I bought the iMac in the first place. :)

I know how that goes-- most definitely. I always try to remind myself that technology is just a tool to make things easier, although it rarely seems to work that way anymore.. Heh. Anyway, you might try the updated driver, which you can download here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail ... rodId=3720
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:32 pm

John,
I downloaded a diver from that page yesterday but the size was different ... so I am trying again. You never know.

I just discovered something weird.
I loaded the online verson which worked fine on this computer but just now, it acted up.
What it is doing:
When I click on the keys (same when i touch) it becomes transparent and a different layout is visible behind the keyboard.

I am beginning to suspect that I did something wrong on the C2 side???

I will investigate this and report back in about 10 minutes.

Thanks for the link. YOU are in my will! ;)
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:35 pm

@johnrazor
Just like yesterday, the driver is not valid for this computer ....
ACER cut corners and modified the driver which is understandable. The computer was dirt cheap.

Anyway, I am heading back to C2 and try to mess with the background settings. MAYBE i did something stupid there?
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:40 pm

vancouver wrote:@johnrazor
Just like yesterday, the driver is not valid for this computer ....
ACER cut corners and modified the driver which is understandable. The computer was dirt cheap.

Anyway, I am heading back to C2 and try to mess with the background settings. MAYBE i did something stupid there?

Just to clarify-- if you go to your project settings and change your preview browser to Node-Webkit, it still flickers?
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:44 pm

@johnrazor
I had never used that preview mode so when I used it, all sounds fired at once (horrible noise) and the first scene came up.

Unfortunately, I can not click on any of the sprite surfaces (which act as buttons) to load a piano scene.

I will try in a few minutes when the latest beta is up and running. - thanks :)
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:10 pm

@johnrazor
SUCCESS (I will regret posting that in capital letters?)

I've downloaded the latest beta and opened my capx file.

Normal preview with IE flickers BUT, web kit does not flicker.

The app behaves normal now. I have no idea why ... didn't change anything other than the preview mode.

There you have it :)
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:15 pm

Excellent, glad to hear you're making progress. Feel free to give me a shout if you run into issues in the future. The most important thing about troubleshooting anything (computers, cars, microwaves, girlfriends) is to isolate the variables as much as possible, and only make one change at a time-- it'll make your life much easier. Anyway, glad to help. Cheers!
B
S

Post » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:28 pm

Thank YOU!

btw. computers, cars and ... microwaves? are not hat hard to troubleshoot ;)

If I finish this sentence, I might get banned so I .....

The wind has calm down so I am going to fly my drone for a few minutes ... clear my tiny mind a bit. :)

Again, thanks for all your suggestions. I owe you!
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests