NEW : HTML5 Piano - Feedback = Welcome!

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:29 pm

@jahnrazor
I'd like to ask you for a favour.

Would you mind loading that piano app from yesterday again?

I added a plugin to give me google analytics and the new upload had no sound so I removed the plugin, re-compiled and uploaded once more.

Still no sound and on the W8 machine, all hell brakes lose. I can see other layers when I click or tap the screen. Basically, horrible experience.

Can you verify this please?

http://littlecomposers.com/apps/mmm/

Just to make sure you are not loading yesterday's cache, I've made the background black so when you resize the browser window, you SHOULD SEE a black top/bottom or side strip. This is the most recent upload then.

Thanks,
V :)
Last edited by vancouver on Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
B
S

Post » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:18 pm

vancouver wrote:@jahnrazor
I'd like to ask you for a favour.

Would you mind loading that piano app from yesterday again?

I added a plugin to give me google analytics and the new upload had no sound so I removed the plugin, re-compiled and uploaded once more.

Still no sound and on the W8 machine, all hell brakes lose. I can see other layers when I click or tap the screen. Basically, horrible experience.

Can you verify this please?

http://littlecomposers.com:8080/apps/html5/html5-piano/ k

Just to make sure you are not loading yesterday's cache, I've made the background black so when you resize the browser window, you SHOULD SEE a black top/bottom or side strip. This is the most recent upload then.

Thanks,
V :)

Sure thing-- I checked on my W8 machine and it works fine. I do see the updated borders. I don't see other layers when I click or anything, it seems to be working just fine. Cheers man and good luck. Let me know if ya need anything.
B
S

Post » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:10 am

Thanks John,
I ended up changing the link to a new temporary direcctory.

I "think" that culprit might be my hosting provider which has some funky "in-house" caching setup to speed up the wordpress pages which most people now use.
Unfortunately, for me and my goal to showcase the HTML5 apps, this doesn't work.

Since most web hosts now use caching to reduce server load, the answer is a VPS which is a tad pricey for my needs (and I don't need the headaches of a cheap one ether).

But all in all, have the app running on my W8 machine which is a hell of a lot more than I had yesterday.

I need to listen to my pillow ....
B
S

Previous

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests