New Intel XDK version released

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:26 pm

Greenboxgamesltd wrote:Trying this now. The first thing I noticed is the file size is huge!

In C2 it's 11 MB.

The old version of XDK with Crosswalk bumped the file size up to 50 MB, just tired the new C2 Beta and new XDK and it's now 72 MB!

Are you sure nothing else has changed in your project? I don't have such size bump.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:30 pm

BackendFreak wrote:
Greenboxgamesltd wrote:Trying this now. The first thing I noticed is the file size is huge!

In C2 it's 11 MB.

The old version of XDK with Crosswalk bumped the file size up to 50 MB, just tired the new C2 Beta and new XDK and it's now 72 MB!

Are you sure nothing else has changed in your project? I don't have such size bump.

No, nothing else has changed. Strange huh?
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:52 pm

BackendFreak wrote:Previous version also had it but it wasn't managable. It's really great it is now. You have to sign your apk in order to publish it to Google Play. If you use the same certificate in Intel XDK and in CocoonIO then you can use them both for the same app. Basically the certificate is like the author's sign.

Thanks for clearing that up :)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:12 pm

@BackendFreak I had the same issue of Interstitial not showing up on Android build. To make it work, all I did was remove the reference to Cordova Admob and re-add it again (Plugin Management screen)
And IT WORKED!

I am not sure what changed but this worked for me.

On Android: Also if you are using Game Plugin (by Cranberyygame), you need to first add reference to cordova Admob and then add Game Plugin. Else there are some duplicate dependency files added to the project that causes build to fail. If Game Plugin is already present then remove it and add it after you referenced Admob.

On iOS: The additions.xml seem to take care of the fact that lastest references are made before building the game.
Create your own Isometric Runner Game using C2:

Check out my game "Last of the Survivors":
Play Store
App Store
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:55 pm

SamRock wrote: all I did was remove the reference to Cordova Admob and re-add it again

Maybe Cranberrygame has updated the library?

There is always some little chaos after major changes. I'm sure everything will be clear very soon.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:37 pm

Have uploaded a new build of my game to Google play using C2 beta & new XDK, unfortunately the frame rate is still pretty awful. I was hoping the new versions of xdk/cordorva/crosswalk would fix this.
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:44 pm

The latest version of XDK/AdMob Combi is a DISASTER.

http://imgur.com/7YJyhXA

I also have to disable WKWebView because it is causing all kinds of compilation errors with the latest version of the XDK.
I am so going to NEVER USE XDK again after this project, I am SICK and TIRED of them CONSTANTLY .... just CONSTANTLY breaking their own software.

Check out their [MOD EDIT] stunt:
Using EXACTLY the version they want you to use and still says please use the version that you have already selected.
It is like the bully that ask why are you hitting yourself.

And when you ask them, their answer is "please send us your project file so we can find out".
Sure why don't I give you MY ENTIRE GAME....

I am [MOD EDIT] SICK AND TIRED of having to deal with Intel XDK's "don't know when it will break again" periods...

Public Service: Build 2866 of Intel XDK STILL WORKS WITH AdMob and iOS, QUICKLY DOWNLOAD THIS EARLIER BUILD WHILE IT IS STILL WORKING!!!
Last edited by zenox98 on Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Highly innapropriate profanity filled posts - please stop!
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:52 pm

Works better for me. My game runs better and does not lag anymore when displaying Admob banner ads. Cannot get full-screen ads to work though.

Removed and added it again as was suggested. Fixed it for me. Working now :D

Also tested Adbuddiz. That's also working.
B
S

Post » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:25 pm

@Ashley regarding the "Use New Intel XDK project format". I just tried it with new project. In this project I use Appodeal plugin. While importing project to Intel XDK an error popped up that Intel couldn't find Appodeal in the Cordova sources - fair enough.... but then the project was not created at all. I was expecting just this plugin not being added to the plugin list.

Then when I tried to import from project as HTML from this source I got another error that this project already contains Inte XDK files.

I think all of this is not on your side but you wanted some feedback of the new feature so... thought you might want to know that when there is some not standard plugin used then this function is not useful.
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:53 pm

After fixed the plugins errors (I've to remove all the plugins references in the XDK file created by C2 and add one by one using the plugin management (8 plugin in total)) I could finally create the android/crosswalk version of my game. For my huge disappointment, after wait for a month, I get the same fps as before the update (10 fps). My iOS version also built in XDK (previous version) runs smoothly and I'm afraid to upgrade it. I'm very frustrated!
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General