New Intel XDK version released

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:19 am

I receive nothing but errors when I use "Use new Intel CDK project format".. So I'll just stick to the old way and import that way.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:04 am

@KazaaMafia -- you need to use "open" a project to import the new CDK project format, do not use the old "import" method. Note, there are a few bugs being worked on in this new export, mostly having to do with how some plugins are being specified. We are working with Scirra to resolve these issues.
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:34 am

@Greenboxgamesltd -- make sure you haven't copied the built APK files into your project directory. I've seen this happen in many projects that people have shared, if you keep stuff like that inside of your "www" directory it will be included in your built app. If you have no "www" directory then it is likely that everything inside your entire project directory is being included in the build, which is not good. Please double-check.
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:15 am

@Toddler Not sure why it Admob PhoneGap, have you tried using the new Cordova Plugin for Admob? Also check if there is a reference to PhoneGap in the Additions.xmll file (Remove it and see the Cordova Plugin reference from Plugin Management screen)
Create your own Isometric Runner Game using C2:

Check out my game "Last of the Survivors":
Play Store
App Store
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:15 am

I noticed the plugin which is called (InAppBroswer) it still does not work at all, have anyone tried this plugin and worked will with him, please if you have , share with us.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:30 am

In case I didn't make it clear, this is very much a beta feature and we are still hammering out the details with Intel, so a few roadbumps are to be expected. You can always go back to the old way of exporting if you have trouble. We'll be making more improvements in the next releases.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:31 pm

xmnboy wrote:@Greenboxgamesltd -- make sure you haven't copied the built APK files into your project directory. I've seen this happen in many projects that people have shared, if you keep stuff like that inside of your "www" directory it will be included in your built app. If you have no "www" directory then it is likely that everything inside your entire project directory is being included in the build, which is not good. Please double-check.

I've had a look and it seems this is exactly what I was doing! Thank you, everything is running smoothly now!
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:30 pm

Ashley wrote:In case I didn't make it clear, this is very much a beta feature and we are still hammering out the details with Intel, so a few roadbumps are to be expected. You can always go back to the old way of exporting if you have trouble. We'll be making more improvements in the next releases.

Please hammer out the admob/intel xdk issue, it is causing EVERYONE issues :-)
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:45 pm

Message: xmnboy can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
@Toddler -- The problem you are running into with the iOS builds is due to a missing line in the <project-name>.xdk file. See this Intel XDK forum post for the details >

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums / intel-xdk/topic/621930#comment-1866104
(remove the space characters between forums and intel-xdk)

< in essence, there is a config line ( "name_": "iOS",) that is missing from the projeck.xdk file.
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:06 pm

Thanks, let's hope Intel Stops [MOD EDIT] MUCKING UP their Updates.
Last edited by zenox98 on Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Please do not use profanity - children access these forums.
B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General