New Intel XDK version released

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:38 pm

Is anyone else using XDK 3088 with Windows 7 who has got it to work?? All of my builds keep failing no matter what I do (trying to build for Android currently), Please Help...
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:00 am

STARTECHSTUDIOS wrote:Is anyone else using XDK 3088 with Windows 7 who has got it to work?? All of my builds keep failing no matter what I do (trying to build for Android currently), Please Help...

Hi,
Try to remove all third party plug in in Plugin Management screen in Intel XDK and add it again.
B
S

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:51 am

Toddler wrote:Thanks, let's hope Intel Stops [MOD EDIT] MUCKING UP their Updates.

It's hard to help when people are treated like this...
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:22 am

After testing the new xdk I thinks it's a great improvement in performance in my game. I'm very happy with it.
My Games on google play

ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:25 am

xmnboy wrote:
Toddler wrote:Thanks, let's hope Intel Stops [MOD EDIT] MUCKING UP their Updates.

It's hard to help when people are treated like this...

Agree entirely.

@Toddler
If you can't make reasonably polite, non aggressive posts without using profanity, then please don't post at all.

I understand users can get frustrated, but please try to restrain from such posts - children also access this forum, and I think it's inappropriate for them to be subjected to such posts.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:21 am

What it is the developer certificate??
And Key Passphrase?
B
S

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:59 pm

Message: xmnboy can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 1 URLS modified. Why?
@CaraCul -- are you referring to the certs that you provide in the Intel XDK in order to do an Android or iOS build? If so, the passphrase is simply the password that "unlocks" or "matches" the signed certificate that you provide. In the past the XDK created and signed that cert for you (in the case of Android). The danger in that approach is that you have to use the same cert each time you do an update, so that is a very critical and important piece of your app. So the new cert management system provides you with more control over that critical component.

The first time you open the new release of the XDK you will be asked to convert that "legacy" cert and convert it to a form that you can then download and control. You can leave that cert in the XDK, but you will now provide the password that you assigned to it when you converted it. See this video for a quick intro:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/videos / upgrading-an-existing-intel-xdk-project-to-version-3088

(remove the extra spaces between "videos" and "upgrading" to get a complete URL)
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:39 pm

I've upgraded the Intel XDK for the new version and I can't get valid app during the build. I've tried to build 3 different Android projects:
- my old project that was build well before the upgrade
- new Intel XDK project old Cordova export
- "new Intel XDK project format"

When I build any of the projects signed I get "App not installed" error, when I build them not signed I even can't install them, I get "Parse error There was a problem parsing the package"

What can be the problem?
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:56 pm

STARTECHSTUDIOS wrote:Is anyone else using XDK 3088 with Windows 7 who has got it to work?? All of my builds keep failing no matter what I do (trying to build for Android currently), Please Help...

@STARTECHSTUDIOS -- You sent me a PM, I cannot reply because I don't have enough points on this forum. You asked about getting the previous release (2893) -- one of my colleagues has posted a sticky note on the XDK forum that includes downloads for the 2893 images.
Intel Corporation
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:11 pm

xmnboy wrote:

@STARTECHSTUDIOS -- You sent me a PM, I cannot reply because I don't have enough points on this forum. You asked about getting the previous release (2893) -- one of my colleagues has posted a sticky note on the XDK forum that includes downloads for the 2893 images.

https://software.intel.com/fr-fr/forums/intel-xdk/topic/623387 (the link)
Image Image
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General