New NES games

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Interesting to read: (would this be possible with C2 or C3?)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... -nes-games

[quote:2ovnrkyo]"Once you start getting more modern than the NES, stuff like the Super Nintendo, it becomes way, way more complicated for a single person to tackle everything," Hanley says. "I think the NES is sort of right on the cusp of one person actually being able to develop all aspects of a game in a reasonable amount of time."

[quote:2ovnrkyo]In February 2017, Tomas Guinan, from Truro, Canada, decided to try making his own. Guinan experimented with NES ROMs and localisation in the '90s - even going as far as to singlehandedly translate The Glory of Heracles 2 - so he already had some knowledge of the system's innards. Plus he wanted a unique portfolio piece to help him break into game development as a career. Three months later, he'd made Eskimo Bob, a 2D platformer designed for the NES.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Interesting to read: (would this be possible with C2 or C3?)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... -nes-games

[quote:2d9osx71]"Once you start getting more modern than the NES, stuff like the Super Nintendo, it becomes way, way more complicated for a single person to tackle everything," Hanley says. "I think the NES is sort of right on the cusp of one person actually being able to develop all aspects of a game in a reasonable amount of time."

[quote:2d9osx71]In February 2017, Tomas Guinan, from Truro, Canada, decided to try making his own. Guinan experimented with NES ROMs and localisation in the '90s - even going as far as to singlehandedly translate The Glory of Heracles 2 - so he already had some knowledge of the system's innards. Plus he wanted a unique portfolio piece to help him break into game development as a career. Three months later, he'd made Eskimo Bob, a 2D platformer designed for the NES.

thanks to share this nice article, i fully agree with this:

"Because it has some pretty strict limitations that you have to follow, people are being really creative on what they can do to make things look as good as they can," Hanley says. The best homebrews straddle the cutting edge of NES tech and redefine what's possible with 8-bit sprites, sounds and scrolling."

• Possible to make nes games with C2/C3?

You can make games that look like it, but that's it.

• Possible to make nes games with C2/C3?

You can make games that look like it, but that's it.

yeah, that's true, it is impossible to match in everything and for everything original NES games, even TVs and displays now have completely different technologies and standard formats which would compromise the gaming experience of a time..

aniway.. i love old school games and retro style, you don't?

im actually working on a game design of a classic JRPG, pixelarted graphic with a increased original NES palette, chiptuned 8bit audio, and general settings to give retro style accuracy at the project, pixel rounding ON, sampling POINT, and a low resolution of 480x270 that with letterbox integer scale fulfill screen 1920x1080 perfectly zoomed at 4X.

I'm still undecided to use scanlines or not, is a hard choice

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)