New object crash [SOLVED]

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:00 am

Ok,are you using transitions?
Then if that's not it have you ran the debugger?
Barring any obvious signs I think your going to have to try removing objects from the 3rd layout, and then replacing them with something else. Might try the MagicCam first, and then move to the non default plugs.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:11 am

What about creating a 4th layout, move all objects from the 3rd into it and deleting the 3rd?
(I didn't used the layouts myself yet, so it's just an idea)
...but this is mostly psychological. Check my devlog
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:19 am

[quote:2468h59x]Ok,are you using transitions?[/quote:2468h59x]
No

[quote:2468h59x]Then if that's not it have you ran the debugger?[/quote:2468h59x]
I used the debugger now, when I get to layout 3 I get this error:

[code:2468h59x]---------------------------
Runtime error
---------------------------
A crash inside a plugin's action has been intercepted! This may be a bug in the plugin, or a problem in Construct. The application has exited. Available details of the location of the problem are below (this may be approximate).

Plugin: GridMovement.csx
Object name: Movement_151_17
Event 112 in event sheet 'Input'
Action: 1
Instance: 4 (of 4)
[/code:2468h59x]
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:47 am

Well looks like something with layout 3 is interfering with your event sheet Input.
My guess is its something to do with the attribute solid, since gridmovement is designed to avoid solids. Like if your trying to do some sort of ai with the object, and the includes telling it to go into a solid that could cause an issue.
Might try pasting event 112 in the sheet, or a screen shot of it, and any events that might be related to it in layout 3 as well.
In any case its a bug because of the crash, and it needs to be replicated, reported....
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:21 am

Are you using the OR condition at all in layout 3?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:08 am

[quote:211zsraf]Well looks like something with layout 3 is interfering with your event sheet Input.[/quote:211zsraf]
Event sheet input is only 1 event that sets the keys using the InputSystem object

[quote:211zsraf]Might try pasting event 112 in the sheet, or a screen shot of it, and any events that might be related to it in layout 3 as well.[/quote:211zsraf]
Here's line 112 of layout 3:

"radar" is a family where all objects are sprites using grid movement (24 sprites)
It basicaly tells it to move all the time to the left with speed 2

If I toggle it, the error become this:
[code:211zsraf]---------------------------
Runtime error
---------------------------
A crash inside a plugin's non-event code has been intercepted! This may be a bug in the plugin, or a problem in Construct. The application has exited. Available details of the location of the problem are below (this may be approximate).

Plugin: GridMovement.csx
Object name: Movement_151_17
Instance: 4 (of 4)
[/code:211zsraf]

[quote:211zsraf]My guess is its something to do with the attribute solid, since gridmovement is designed to avoid solids. Like if your trying to do some sort of ai with the object, and the includes telling it to go into a solid that could cause an issue.[/quote:211zsraf]
There's 1 object using Grid Movement that collides with solid, and it is controled by the player

[quote:211zsraf]Are you using the OR condition at all in layout 3?[/quote:211zsraf]
Yes, I'm using it on 2 events. Deleted them but nothing changed
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:58 am

The set pixels moved is a bit funky,as you should only need to set it once, but I doubt thats the main issue.
Its hard to say, from the "plugin's non-event code", it could be from solid, or even the inputsystem plug. You might try getting rid of the include sheet and manually add those events to layout 3, but test each line after you add it. If that fails you might try getting rid of the inputsystem plug.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:48 am

Oh my god! I fixed it!

Now check out how this obscure bug happened:

I thought "there may be a line of code that is causing this bug" so I started deleting all event groups one by one. Delete one, test, CTRL+Z to get it back in place, move to the next one
Then I deleted a group called "Tower behavior" and the bug disappeared!
Inside it I did the same thing, deleting blocks of events until I found the one event that was bugging. Take a look at it:

For some reason, at some point, construct changed this:

Into that. Its the same as if I went into each event and changed the drop down options to "Use Expression"

Why the hell this happened? I don't know. It's a weird bug that construct caused for some obscure reason, maybe when saving, I don't know.
Thanks to everyone who helped me find this bug!!
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic