New project lag?

All closed bug reports are moved here.

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:10 pm

I think it may have had to do with updating C3, or possibly my connection.

Clicking new project had no response for 1 minute+, the rest of the interface still worked and I could open an example project. Using new project from the menu did not work either. A minute later, all of a sudden all the new projects popped up and flooded me with a ton of tabs all at once.

This is the first web-based/lag issue I've run in to so far.
Mistakes were made.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:27 pm

We are aware of this issue.

It is more noticeable in slower devices because C3 does a ton of initialization work in the background. Creating a project just gets thrown in with all that background initialization work and that is why there is this noticeable lag.

Most likely some feedback will be added showing that something is happening and the UI might be locked to prevent creating multiple projects during that time.
Scirra Employee
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:01 pm

Should be fixed in r16. We've changed the way new projects are created, using a dialog to specify the new project settings, which helps hide the background loading. But even if you continue very quickly, or the background loading takes a long time, it will now show a progress dialog that waits until it can successfully create the project, rather than just showing the start page again.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to Closed Bugs