NEW tds zombie game *need feedback

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • hey guys i've been working on a top down zombie game, it's pretty much complete but i want to know what you guys think of it add what improvements i could make. please bear in mind i've just started developing (hence the game quality) so go easy :3

game: http://www.scirra.com/arcade/shooter/14489/house-of-the-dead-beta

-thanks

• Hello,

this is pretty much like the begginer tutorial for C2, you did a good job adding sounds and rooms, great!

About the sprites, for me it seems that the bullet spawns from the hand, not from the edge of the gun, the for the gameplay, is impossible to lose, if you stand in the middle of the corridor and don't move, just shoot, Zombies can't get close to you....

I think is a very good job to start practicing, but you need to go further to do a real game!! Keep on

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello,

this is pretty much like the begginer tutorial for C2, you did a good job adding sounds and rooms, great!

About the sprites, for me it seems that the bullet spawns from the hand, not from the edge of the gun, the for the gameplay, is impossible to lose, if you stand in the middle of the corridor and don't move, just shoot, Zombies can't get close to you....

I think is a very good job to start practicing, but you need to go further to do a real game!! Keep on

thanks for the feedback, i'll try and work on the impossible to lose thing (maybe by adding harder zombies) and the bullet spawn.

-thanks

• thanks for the feedback, i'll try and work on the impossible to lose thing (maybe by adding harder zombies) and the bullet spawn.

-thanks

maybe the zombies could spawn from the differents roms (from the back of the player for example) just need to force the player to move!!

• Another simple tip to force the player to mover around, give him limited amounts of ammo and let randomly spawn some new ammo. There are plenty of tricks, like Arlys already said, know you can just take position and shoot all the zombies. I also made my first game from this tutorial. Have a look here http://www.friedfishcomics.com/games/sl ... _in_taiji/

• Another simple tip to force the player to mover around, give him limited amounts of ammo and let randomly spawn some new ammo. There are plenty of tricks, like Arlys already said, know you can just take position and shoot all the zombies. I also made my first game from this tutorial. Have a look here http://www.friedfishcomics.com/games/sl ... _in_taiji/

thanks

• Really enjoyed the game. I have a few tips but I think some have already been mentioned:

An animation when the zombies spawn so it looks like they come from under ground

Maybe add a turret behaviour to the hero sprite and make him auto aim at the closest zombie. (this will also make your game more mobile friendly)

Start with one room, when "zombieKills" reach X amount, reveal the second room (on the same layer) etc. When all rooms are revealed, spawns a boss and call it a level

Remember to keep us updated!

• Really enjoyed the game. I have a few tips but I think some have already been mentioned:

An animation when the zombies spawn so it looks like they come from under ground

Maybe add a turret behaviour to the hero sprite and make him auto aim at the closest zombie. (this will also make your game more mobile friendly)

Start with one room, when "zombieKills" reach X amount, reveal the second room (on the same layer) etc. When all rooms are revealed, spawns a boss and call it a level

Remember to keep us updated!

thanks for the feedback.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)