New to game PR. Where do the journos lurk?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Hi all,

I have worked in the game industry for about 8 years and about 6 months ago I decided to go indie. So I put my dancing shoes on and started developing my first major independent game. Now this means I am an amalgamation of all development roles, a kind of super developer, but the role I am struggling with most is PR.

So are their any friendly developers / journalists out there that can take me under their wing? Where do journalists linger? Anyone fancy a pint?

Here is an early pre-alpha video of the game I am making if you're interested: Paradox -> http://youtu.be/EfZcmWmxIUs

Other than that, I wish everyone a happy New Year and lots of merriment while the year ticks out!

-TheWyrm

P.S Feel free to PM me.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Spreading the word is good, also, you might consider the nowadays popular indie game bundles - if you got the game into something like the Humble Android bundle, for example, it would surely provide some money but also LOTS of exposure (since then by proxy you also get onto most of the big news sites, like AndroidPolice, etc).

• Somebody

Thanks. Yeah I'll defo consider bundles. At present I'm busy building up a massive mailing list of journos. It's a funny old biz though... you don't know if you're doing something right until you do. I guess nobody wants to give away their secrets.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)