New user here from mmf2, have a few questions

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Hey, I'm very excited about C2 but i have a few questions before i make the big move.

I have over 1000 codes written in MMF2, and all the work around to program simple things are making me crazy!

So, i want to know how much image origin(hot spot) does C2 allow?

How about Alterable values? Is it limited or unlimited? (Very important)

Are there any glitches with duplicates that causes the duplicates to not act appropriate ?

Like, fastloops and collisions breaks duplicates in MMF2.

How can we set objects around the image points, like above/underneath the objects by a certain number of pixels.

How about saving and loading? Is it the same as an INI file from MMF2?

How do highscores work?

Can we create the same character and drop it on any stage without creating a new clone of a character?

Thanks guys, this will really help a lot.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey, I'm very excited about C2 but i have a few questions before i make the big move. I have over 1000 codes written in MMF2, and all the work around to program simple things are making me crazy! So, i want to know how much image origin(hot spot) does C2 allow?

Unlimited.

How about Alterable values? Is it limited or unlimited? (Very important)

Unlimited.

Are there any glitches with duplicates that causes the duplicates to not act appropriate ? Like, fastloops and collisions breaks duplicates in MMF2.

Nope. No need for spread values here.

How can we set objects around the image points, like above/underneath the objects by a certain number of pixels.

Set position to object imagepoint.y-numberofpixels.

How about saving and loading? Is it the same as an INI file from MMF2?

At runtime, use web storage: scirra.com/manual/120/webstorage

How do highscores work?

Local ones can use an array and webstorage, online ones: scirra.com/tutorials/346/online-high-score-table-ajax-php-mysql

Can we create the same character and drop it on any stage without creating a new clone of a character?

Yup.

Thanks guys, this will really help a lot.

Welcome to scirra. :)

• Thank you for taking your time and answering my questions.

I will be purchasing C2 soon.

How many copies can we have per license?

and can we only preview our project in html 5 or is that because i just have the demo version?

Thanks

• A license is either attributed to one person (one user name) or to a computer (if it is a business version).

If you need to buy several licenses at once you can mail licensehelpuus@scirra.com and ask for a bulk.

More informations about the licensing can be found in the store page (FAQ at the bottom of the page) as well as this tutorial.

For the preview question, I would like to know what other type of preview you would expect ?

By default, indeed, the preview happens in a browser, and with the help of this tutorial, you can also preview on mobile device, but still in HTML5/through browser too.

• Please take note that C2 only exports to HTML5. It can be released on numerous devices through wrappers, but HTML5 will be what it is underneath ;)

I'm sure you'll be very happy to find that those issues you mentioned are non-existent.

• I was MMF2 user some years ago, but i chose C2 for cross-platform games without extra spending $$$$

• Just to clear things up quickly, this page describes the licenses:

http://www.scirra.com/tutorials/57/how-construct-2-licenses-work/page-1

In summary, if you are an established business you must have business licenses.

A business license can be either issued:

• To a single computer. Anyone in the business can use the license on this computer but as the license is issued to the computer only one person will be able to use it at any one time.
    • To a named employee. This allows the employee to use it on as many computers as he wants within the business, but no on else in the business is permitted to use the license.

Any questions specifically related to licenses are best directed to licensehelprgd@scirra.com where we're always happy to explain in more detail and discuss special circumstances :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)