Newbie problems.

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • Hello. I just started working with Construct and I have some problems.

Some of the sample files posted in the forum generate a critical error when I try to open them. Something about VC++ Runtime Error. Here are the name of few user samples that generate this error: isometric.cap, isometric engine3.cap, Traffic2.cap, spacebattle.cap.

Do I have to install something else (python, plugins...) in order to make them work?

The official samples are ok, and they work just fine.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards.

• Did you install the C++ redistributable when installing construct? What operating system are you on?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Seconded, make sure -everything- gets installed, or you'll have issues like these. Even if you think you've got it already, let it install again just to be on the safe side. (Goes for both the DX and VB stuff).

• spacebattle.cap

Is that my spacebattle.cap? The I guess I'd have to ask... what version of Construct did you install?

I mean besides "did you install everything" that is

• Sorry for the late response.

Yes, I think that the spacebattle.cap is yours.

I have installed the last version of Construct (0.99.62) VC++ redist installed during the Construct install.

I am using Windows XP with all service packs and DirectX 9.0c.

Hardware specs:

AMD 4400 dual core

2gb ram

Ati 4650 1gb video (PS 3)

The only problem is when I try to open those mentioned files (downloaded from the forum).

I have downloaded other samples as well, like bumpmapping.cap, waterparticles.cap, and other. And they work fine.

Right after I click those other .cap files I get a loading progress stuck at 0% and instantly this message:

"Microsoft VC++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Scirra\Construct.exe

Abnormal program termination"

And OK button.

Are those files too old or incompatible with my version of Construct?

Also, another question.

While I am able to create an .exe file using Export to Exe, in the designated destination directory, I cannot figure out where the installer was created, when I check Create Installer. I get the progress bar and the computer works, but no installer or package appears in the directory.

Thank You.

• I have installed the last version of Construct (0.99.62)

v0.99.62 is not the latest version of Construct . I made that example in v0.99.83

Check the Construct Discussion forum...

As for the installer issue, I'm not sure. I've never tried making an installer.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)