Newbie Questions

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • I am trying to see if Construct will work for what I am trying to do.

1. Can I increase the size of the screen the player sees?

2. Want to make a side scrolling driving game. The background is a for lane highway and the player controls the car. Any idea how to do this, is there an example?

3. How can create the opposing cars to be generated at random but on 4 separate paths? What I mean is that a car will be generated on one of four paths.

• This works everytime

CLICK

and it answer everything you can think off

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • 1. Can I increase the size of the screen the player sees?

Yes.

2. Want to make a side scrolling driving game. The background is a for lane highway and the player controls the car. Any idea how to do this, is there an example?

There are a few ways and different control schemes you can use. You could even have the car static to its X axis while moving it up and down on the Y. You get the appearance of movement with the background and images moving left. There are tutorials available for this kind of implementation. Check out the tutorials section.

3. How can create the opposing cars to be generated at random but on 4 separate paths? What I mean is that a car will be generated on one of four paths.

In my game I had a boss battle that would shoot from random gun ports. I did this by creating a global variable that would randomly change every 3 seconds. I then would have a bullet spawn on the correlating imagepoint generated by the global variable.

I could make your game idea very quickly in C2. You better hop on it before I do it. :D jk

Hit me up if you need further assistance. Also, in my opinion it may be best to get started and ask for help when you get stuck. It makes it much easier to solve your concerns when there is already something to work with.

I would suggest you go through the manual at least once.

• Still can't figure out how to do scrolling background. The image I have is 640 width and 480 height. I want it to scroll from right to left and repeat itself like a regular road would. I bought the personal license because I want to support this product.

• Figured out the scrolling background. Need to figure the cars.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)