Next Penelope Wii U release?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Mon May 15, 2017 5:55 pm

Message: Delenne can only post plain text URLS until they have 500 rep. 2 URLS modified. Why?
I am a bit confused: on the Scirra.com website support for Wii U is listed, and "the Next Penelope" is released and running on Wii U according to the article here: https://www.scirra.com/construct2/games ... t-penelope

But when I looked for it on the web (I have a Wii U and wanted to get the game for it), I found out that the developer never released it on Wii U, although (in his words) he really intended the game to be released on Nintendo's console in the first place: https://pastebin.com/gkcHUSx6

Three publishers attempted to get it to run on Wii U, and it just did not work. The developer gave up on the Wii U release, and switched to Unity now, because of Nintendo support for the Switch.

So now I am wondering: why would Nintendo Wii U support be listed on Scirra's home page, and why is Wii U listed on the same website as a working platform for "the Next Penelope", when in truth this just isn't the case?
B

Post » Mon May 15, 2017 6:01 pm

I don't think the Wii has html5 support for webgl.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 15, 2017 6:12 pm

But then why is Wii U listed? And why is Wii U listed as one of the platforms that runs "the Next Penelope"? It's misleading, if you ask me. I looked for the game to test playing on my Wii U, and it does not exist. Some people could say this is "false marketing".
B

Post » Mon May 15, 2017 6:36 pm

Outdated information.
They were, then they didn't.
Then again, they don't make Wiiu anymore either.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 18, 2017 7:51 am

newt wrote:Outdated information.
They were, then they didn't.
Then again, they don't make Wiiu anymore either.

Either way, everybodies false advertising, you can't defend that.
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 18, 2017 11:41 am

Defend what?

Saying that you can make games on the system?
Guilty, your honor.

Or are you inferring that they are advertising you can make that particular game on the Wii u?
Then by that reasoning, the other guy must be trying to sucker people into buying the game on said console.

Yeah, that phrase doesn't mean what you think it means.

The only thing they did was not remove an image after a deal fell through.
Boohoo.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General