NIMA web-based 2D bone and mesh animation app

Discussion of tools and resources for game developers

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:40 am

That actually makes sense, we do need to compartmentalize a little better, that'd help with the gl-matrix issue. I'll take a better look at the documentation...it would be nice if we could play nice with the internal batching but the render order requirements may not allow for that. Having to restore the state after each Nima character renders is a shame (especially if the next render is another Nima character) but we can at least start there and see what can be done better later. For example, is there an abstracted render pipeline we could plug into? We might have to lose our hardware skinning, but it might provide better performance for simple characters and would probably allow for custom shaders (which I think I saw Construct allows).

Thanks for the feedback!
B
S

Post » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:49 am

I don't think there is an abstracted render pipeline if I understand that right. C2's renderer mainly just deals with quads and sometimes points for particles. Most plugins then just use functions like setTexture and quad to draw stuff. If you look at the glwrap.js file in construct's install you can see all the rendering functions. It's not too deluxe but as it is to be friendly with c2's batching you'd be limited to just drawing with quads.

The effects system c2 has is pretty much just useable from the editor. It doesn't look like it was designed to be manipulated from a plugin.

It just seems more straightforward to end the batch, use any webgl you want, and be sure to restore the relevant states used by c2 back to what they were.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:11 am

Sounds good, thanks for all the info. Hoping to get a chance to dive into this soon!
B
S

Post » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:17 pm

I would LOVE for Nima to work with construct 2.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:55 pm

Hi @justifun, I got your PM but cannot reply as my rep is below 500. Thanks for the really nice message. We can't dedicate more resources to this immediately but we are putting it on our roadmap and we hope to have it in the next couple months. I'll update here when we have more info on this.
B
S

Post » Wed May 24, 2017 12:45 am

Just wanted to drop a link I found earlier regarding a NIMA plugin for C2.

https://www.2dimensions.com/c/127-worki ... for-nima/2
B
S
G

Post » Wed May 24, 2017 1:19 am

Here is the scirra forum threa about the plugin.
plugin-nima-2d-skeleton-animation_t191772
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Tools and Resources