Ninja Game

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:28 am

You don't need to teleport past the spikes... you can cut the rope on the platform :D

This is turning out to be really slick. I'm impressed. I think the up-down-up-down key combo is a little excessive. Perhaps you could do a simpler control to activate it? It's not hard to do, it just seems like it's more key presses than necessary.

And I was able to teleport outside of the level (again :P).

A tip... to keep from "replacing" yourself in a wall, have a dummy object go first, and if it's overlapping solid then run a quick push-out loop. Once it's free, move the player to the dummy object's location and kill the dummy. (You can tell which direction the dummy needs to be pushed by doing a system point collision test using it's top, bottom, and sides locations before running the push loop.)

But this is looking really nice so far, excellent work :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:41 am

Thanks for the comments guys. Glad you think it's coming along well. :)

Anyways, I fixed the teleporting outside of the layout problem, so there are no worries about that now. Also, about the activation for the replacement technique, do you think it would be better if I used shorter button combos? I plan on adding more of these more advanced powers(already added another one, actually), and I don't really want to use more than four buttons.

And that's a good idea about the dummy object, deadeye. Thanks for the suggestion. :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:39 am

Hmm... how about a "power select" mini-menu that pops up? you could hold down the F key to freeze the action, then a menu wold pop up in the corner like so (excuse the crummy mspaint mockup :P):

Then you could point at the power you want with the arrows and let go of the F key to activate it. You could have diagonals and stuff too if you run out of room.

That way you need only one key, there's no need to type in annoying key combos, and you get a slick looking interface all at the same time :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:02 am

That's a slick little idea. I'll see what I can do. :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:40 pm

Pretty sweet. I like the ninja concept and throwing daggers.. i'd like to see more skills too.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:56 pm

[quote="akemidragon":oiyzm8so]kindly add to you ninja game the following weapon: the sword or katana, throwing stars and nanchaku[/quote:oiyzm8so]
You realize this is over a year old, right? I've pretty much abandoned this game by now. :P
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Your Creations