Ninja Legacy on Android w/ Intel Crosswalk

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:02 am

Guide a young Ninja and her pet Monkey on an epic action adventure to hunt for the hidden ancient scrolls.

Traverse a beautiful hand-drawn mystical land filled with lore, danger and humor.

Encounter a wide variety of foes, pirates, exploding pigs, pigeons on fire, enemy ninjas.

Take the fight to unique bosses, use your wit and reflexes to take them down.

Wield devastating Ninjutsu powers that manipulate the Celestial Heavens and take command of the very essence of Life and Death, all at your fingertips!

Earn loot in combat and spend it to upgrade your abilities using a clean user interface.

Ninja Legacy: The Forbidden Scrolls, a story driven epic action adventure.. coming soon on Android, iOS, Chrome, Windows 8 and PC.

GAMEPLAY PROMO VIDEO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYAgKijfwiU

[TUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYAgKijfwiU[/TUBE]

Screenshots:
Heavy emphasis on a coherent story that flows, connecting locations and unique bosses.

All original hand-drawn high-def art, every location is unique.

Clean user interface, easy usage on smaller screens.

Fight a variety of enemies, ranging from exploding pigs, eagle bombers, pirates and other ninjas.

Each boss fight has a unique gameplay mechanic and strategy, with the main story line driven by these bosses.

Each enemy is finely drawn and animated by hand, with high resolution frames to scale and maintain crispness on bigger screens.

A unique physics-based playstyle that focuses on deflecting incoming arrows, bullets, and even bombs, so that the enemy bombs become your tool of destruction!

A well balanced skill-tree to upgrade the main character, her pet, her Ninjutsu abilities as well as her cooking & alchemy skills!

Thank you Scirra, for enabling me to strive for my dreams.

Android version: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=Halfgeek%20Studios&c=apps&hl=enSilverforce2014-02-10 16:30:40
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:23 am

Its almost entirely a one person effort, Construct 2 and Mangastudio along with pen/paper.

Any thoughts? Interface TOO minimalistic? All input is welcome. Thanks!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:36 am

Released today on Google Play for Android! There's a Free edition with many stages for players to try out.

iOS, Chrome Webstore, Windows 8 is coming soon!

Try it out on Android: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=Halfgeek%20Studios&c=apps&hl=en

Runs great but needs a Tegra 3, Samsung S3 class device or above (needs 1GB ram devices due to CocoonJS loading everything at the start)!Silverforce2014-02-10 16:50:22
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:25 pm

Graphics look nice but why is she naked on the bottom left of the skill-tree? (not that im complaining :P)
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:54 pm

[QUOTE=Ize] Graphics look nice but why is she naked on the bottom left of the skill-tree? (not that im complaining :P)[/QUOTE]

Barbie doll-esque.. The upgrade is titled "Physical Perfection", a kung-fu technique of old that grants regeneration.Silverforce2014-01-22 22:55:27
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:52 am

Released on Chrome Webstore: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ninja-legacy-free/knmgppfccemkkchhkpakidghdfiefkpe?hl=en

Try it out! See if you can defeat all 3 bosses in the free edition!Silverforce2014-01-23 05:40:19
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:30 am

I absolutely hate this art style and the whole ninja/china thing. But I will definitely download the free version before bed and give it a go. I'll leave feedback tomorrow.

Good work,
Stephen
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:46 am

[QUOTE=Tekniko] I absolutely hate this art style and the whole ninja/china thing. But I will definitely download the free version before bed and give it a go. I'll leave feedback tomorrow.

Good work,
Stephen[/QUOTE]

Haha! If you hate the art and Ninjas.. it will be a miracle if you enjoy the game.

It's been a learning process for us, we're neither artists nor programmers. I'm a scientist with a PhD in Molecular Biol...

Our next game is definitely not going to have such a background style, its a) too damn big on memory (we originally had 3 different scenes for each level, had to chop it down to 1!) and b) not vibrant or appealing enough for mobile/tablet crowds. Learning as we go. Silverforce2014-01-23 13:41:18
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:54 pm

Well, I played it for about a half hour last night.

I really enjoyed the game so far. The art-work is well done and polished. In fact, the entire game looks very well done. I'll be very surprised if only one person worked on it.

There are the occasional typo and grammatical errors, which I am sure will be fixed as time goes on.

Other than that, keep up the good work.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:11 pm

@Tekniko, thank you so much for the feedback. It's been mostly a one man effort, since my friend helped with some art part-time on and off whenever he had time, whereas I devoted full days (and nights) to it.

The first 3 levels are actually the lowest quality in terms of art, we were learning how to draw starting out (literally pen, paper, youtube tutorials) and our early creations I would say are crap compared to later levels.

I was wondering if that type of gameplay is unique since I haven't encountered many games where the focus is to deflect enemy attacks.
B
S
G

Next

Return to Completed Creations